No announcement yet.

Freiburgers mention of epic tracks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in the Chicago land area and I can tell you we got very lucky on the timing of the race, the week before was just nasty hot and very humid. It was one of the hottest weeks of our whole summer( it's been pretty cool all summer). I do residential H.V.A.C. service so it got really busy that week while I was trying to finish up the car.

I liked the tracks but I thought the routes were a little boring, maybe it's just because I'm from around here.

Comment

I actually enjoyed the route this year, especially day 3 and 4 while driving through the farmlands of Illinois. Chicago...not so much.

Comment

Yeah chicago area was a beating. The outside temp said my car would have zero trouble overheating. It was the exhaust, and "wash" from all the other radiators in the traffic that gave me problems. I have an old trans gauge that monitors under hood temp up near the master cylinder, it was 200* under the hood and I had never seen it that high before. I started having vapor lock problems at about 180 underhood and when the water temp got to 210* I pulled over and let the fans and electric pump cool it off. When it got bad again I pulled off for gas, and drove the service road!
        1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
        1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by Nmbr1GMfan View Post
          Since it seems I may NEVER make Drag Week I sit and watch all the coverage, I heard Freiburger mention that they had a weeks worth of epic tracks lined up and one of the 4 had a scheduling conflict. Anyone care to take a guess as to which tracks they were? I mean Indy is pretty top tier if you ask me.
          There was a rumor that there was going to be 4 never been to tracks on HRDW. All top notch starting in Ohio and one supposed to be Z-Max but the NHRA had a meet scheduled and reserve the track for prep a number of days prior and DW was in the prior.
          First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
          Second place SSBBNA 2016
          Third place SSBBNA 2017
          Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
          All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGTO View Post

There was a rumor that there was going to be 4 never been to tracks on HRDW. All top notch starting in Ohio and one supposed to be Z-Max but the NHRA had a meet scheduled and reserve the track for prep a number of days prior and DW was in the prior.
            Maybe try again for 2016.

Comment

I thought Indy in 2013 was the hottest- but that was probably because I got dehydrated that day. Montgomery in 2008- I was just a spectator and I was hot there.
              Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Chicago? We didn't even get close to Chicago. If we would of been farther east then the true pain would of been enforced. That piece of road we had all the trouble on is usually not bad at that time of day but due to a fellow Drag weeker getting into a fender bender it was much worse than usual.

Comment

South side of Chicago in '06 was NOT COOL at all!
                  Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                  Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                  Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                  Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Originally posted by 1 fast evo 2 View Post
                    Chicago? We didn't even get close to Chicago. If we would of been farther east then the true pain would of been enforced. That piece of road we had all the trouble on is usually not bad at that time of day but due to a fellow Drag weeker getting into a fender bender it was much worse than usual.
                    The night manager at the hotel in Wisconsin that night said he would NEVER travel that stretch of road between 7:00 and 9:00 in the morning an 4:00 to 7:00 in the evening. We were in the thick of it at 5:15 PM. But it sounds like you may know more about the area than he does and we just had bad luck that day.

Bill

Comment

I live like 3 miles off that stretch of road and travel it every day. The manager is wright but going in the opposite direction, northbound as we went is much lighter than south bound. I am actually on the computer wasting time before I head southbound this evening, going to tune a car down that way.
                      Funny thing is that's where I went to test my cooling system this summer ( southbound at 5:00 pm in 90 degree heat).

Comment

2013 was brutally hot... I LOVED the weather in 2014 though (even with the rain).. was a nice break from our heat here in Florida..

This year's track selections were good, and I loved GLD in particular.. the fans were great, and the starting line definitely hooked ;)
                        The drive to Cordova was nice, especially when we were alongside the Mississippi River.. AND.. I finally exorcised the Gateway demons!
                        DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
                        DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
                        DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
                        DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

Working...
                        X