come on cordova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• come on cordova

good grief, thursday seems forever from now...

and, where is all the drag week chatter?? what the heck does Bruabs hat mean? any body see Speedy this year?
    Charles

I think you have to on Facebook to get the joke, I am not so?
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I've watched a day and a half and no sign of speedy. Don't recall seeing him in the registration sheet either.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

i watched as much as i could yesterday and this am, leaving my house at 4in the am thursday to drive to cordova, super excited... this will be the 3rd time ive been to Cordova to watch drag week.

one of the times, was when Chad had Rusty on DW, my bud Jason and I hung around cedar falls race track while he was installing a nitrous kit, then we followed along to cordova. that trip was awesome. Jason and I came up behind the "see red" camaro, broke down on the side of the road on a stretch with no light, so we hung my Kia half out in the street with the flashers going and assumed the role of "flashlight holder"...

good times...

Edit, hope to meet up with Jason in Des Moines on the way, he made 2 passes on monday, but broke something in his 4 cyl turbo fox body and dropped out. but he is going to try to run in cordova... running or watching, just stoked to get there
        Last edited by 1badmonkey; September 15, 2015, 05:46 PM.
        Charles

Comment

I groupied in Bowling Green two years ago. Actually had a 2fer, last day of LS Fest & first day of Drag Week. It pulled me way up out of a slump on my wragon. Now the car is fun as hell to drive regardless of being UGLY.

I also got to give a little help (directions or area explanation) to a couple in a Stude gasser.

After that boost I came home and got over my wragon blues and got several other things done before winter set in. It is very stimulating to me. MoparBilly made a comment in thread about how you just don't find knowledgeable car guys on every street corner anymore but the folks (I think competitors was implied) at Drag Week get it.

Talking with Jim (squirrel), Brian, Chad, Bill Trovato, and a few others really gave me a much needed boost and kept my junk from being garbage that year. Maybe in a year or two I can do it again as teachers don't understand pulling kids out of school for Drag Week.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Just dropped my son off at pre school and loaded the car up. Waiting for my dog to do his duties and I'm headed to iowa to meet my dad and we are headed that way.

It may not be much but the old junkyard pony sure impressed a bunch of 4 year olds at preschool. Haha.

I will be in my mustang and I'll be following dad in his 47 chevy. That's plan "a". Headed to Cordova then St. Louis.
            Jeff
            Follow My Build

Comment

so where is the "unofficial" parking lot gathering at tonight???
              Last edited by silver_bullet; September 16, 2015, 03:07 PM.
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Our plan is to try and find somewhere in Clinton. Not sure yet where exactly. About 3 hrs out.
                Jeff
                Follow My Build

Comment

give us a heads up and we will be there!
                  Patrick & Tammy

Comment

i think rooms will be hard to find. we're near I 80 bridge by LeClair. Hope you guys can find us and stop by and say hi. we like to get going early on race day.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

we will be rolling out in a few minutes... which hotel?
                      Patrick & Tammy

Comment

I don't think we are going to make Clinton. Dad is have fuel pump problems. Bad plug on top. Going to find a parts store before dark and fix it. Still rolling though. See you all tomorrow.
                        Jeff
                        Follow My Build

Comment

lack of rooms is why we decided to leave early in the morning from home, hope you guys find something!!

Jason said he did some work on his mustang, fixed the issue he was having and it is running WAY better, he is hoping to make some runs in the late session.
                          Charles

Comment

Well we made it to de Witt and found a hotel. Got the last 2 rooms. Seems like every where is full. Standing in the parking lot talking about dads car this guy with a funny accent comes up and starts talking to us. Got to meet gerrit from Amsterdam. He flew in to watch drag week and some business. Too cool. Looking forward to tomorrow.
                            Last edited by 1trickpony; September 16, 2015, 08:31 PM.
                            Jeff
                            Follow My Build

Comment

Anyone having live feed problems

Comment

Working...
                              X