Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom issues for Faraone

Saw this messege on Facebook today
    NEED HELP NOW!!!!!!!! PLEASE SHARE!!! I'm reaching out to my FB family.. My buddy John Faraone from Perth Australia has shipped his Charger 12,000+ miles the last 4 years in a row to compete in Hot Rod Magazine's Drag Week, at an expense of over $25,000.00 each year, just in shipping and insurance, now keep in mind, he runs a one man shop in Perth,Faraone Engines / Dyno Tune, and works his ass off to live his dream, well this year it's became a NIGHTMARE!!! Here's the deal, his car has been in the states in customs since July 17th, they got all the paperwork on the 21st, since then the person they've been working with in customs has done everything possible to keep his car stuck in customs, first they said they didn't get paperwork, now they admit they got it, but they resent it all, then they asked for some other forms, they sent it, now they have everything, AGAIN, and latest is, the guy said, don't call him anymore, he is gonna contact DOT on his own, yet he has all the pertinent paperwork to release it already, including DOT form. John has been absolutely sick over this, is there ANYONE out there who knows someone who could help John, I feel so bad for him, and he's not one to air stuff out like this, but I'm just trying to help a good friend, I know he's suffering greatly.. Also, this car is his baby, he's had it for over 25 years, try to put yourself in his place! PLEASE, any fellow gear heads know anyone higher-up in customs, or have any suggestions that make sense, he's running out of time!

www.lowlandsXtreme.com --- Facebook: lowlandsXtreme

I got nothing for him but a gearhead prayer. Hopefully one of the two or three people that responded to the post and work in that area, and actually deal with customs, can help him out.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

he should not take it personal. Even military with their own entrance gets caught up in these processes.
      Real shame.

A plan ahead would be a great idea.. no preplanned customs, don't ship kinda deal.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I'ld get the insurance company involved. File a claim and let them hash it out.
        Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

He got it handled.He will be there.

Comment

Working...
          X