The Waiting Class Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Waiting Class Group

Didn't make Registration on time and missed it... I'm on the waiting list but what happen at Gateway when we show up... Do they let us in with car and trailer.. Will they let us leave are trailer and follow if don't get in
    Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
    Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

I'm pretty sure they let anyone one in on Sunday. I don't recall ever showing proof of entry on Sunday. Then as tech is winding down I'm sure that is when they determine if the folks standing there get to register.

I'm also fairly certain they've never actually checked the trailers against the event registration, so would imagine leaving it there for a week wouldn't even be noticed.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

was on wait list last year you can show up like normal but you will have to wait until they tech in all of the registered cars first then they call up the wait list cars they had a list of the cars posted up by the registration table so no need to get in a rush because you will be waiting for a while so set back and relax good luck on getting in

Comment

will this be the year they don't let in a few guys who showed up? I hope not
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

if it holds true about 20 percent fall out by start day I was number 9 on list last year and second one to sign up when wait list people started signing up that being said wait list people don't even show up

Comment

It's a crap shoot, but I still think it's one worth taking
            My fabulous web page

Comment

last year we drove the 750 miles just on the chance to get in if you don't get in drive the tow rig and leave the race truck and trailer at the track and follow along all week that's what we were going to do if we didn't get in

Comment

Thats a great looking Nova!

Comment

Originally posted by silvernova View Post
                  if it holds true about 20 percent fall out by start day I was number 9 on list last year and second one to sign up when wait list people started signing up that being said wait list people don't even show up
                  Once the waiting list people are in.... and they move(if needed) to the
                  non signed up people...is it the first in line and so on?

Comment

the non-waitlist guys it's first in line, so get there early if you are not on the wait list. Or get on the wait list now, and don't worry about it.
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

thanks mattduchame should run pretty good this year with the new combo twin 66s on it this year

Comment

One of my buddies who was on the wait list at 119 or some such got an e-mail saying he'd moved up six spots!!! He dropped off formally and will do Drag weekend. He gets to help with my thrash now. The line is moving slowly but all will get IMHO.
                        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

My number was 90 but still going to show up... Plan is A get in... B follow along and watch
                          Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                          Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

I can say with certainty everyone on the list will move up one this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Light Ross View Post
                              I can say with certainty everyone on the list will move up one this week.
                              Say it isn't you Ross!!
                              First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
                              Second place SSBBNA 2016
                              Third place SSBBNA 2017
                              Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
                              All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

Working...
                              X