Originally posted by greenXpress View Post

I added that link to my bookmarks.
    thought you were going to spray
    Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
    Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

[QUOTE=quick 52;n1047670]

thought you were going to spray[/QUOT

I am........Just wanting to make certain I can hit 11:51. (Besides, I got the carb before I decided to spray)
      Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

can you get some weight off the truck..I know there heavy but have seen a few that look stock down to #4200... Do you remember the olds truck he was running mid 11's ... have a friend with a 81 1500 chevy 496 down around #4200 and he's running 11 teen's..

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
          can you get some weight off the truck..I know there heavy but have seen a few that look stock down to #4200... Do you remember the olds truck he was running mid 11's ... have a friend with a 81 1500 chevy 496 down around #4200 and he's running 11 teen's..

I looked at the olds truck a lot. they had it lightened down a bunch, but not sure it could serve as a work truck every day.
          Not sure I could find 500 lbs. of stuff to get rid of. I thought about inner fender wells, rear bumper, wood bed, etc. but it is my work truck. I do service calls/ pull trailers with small tractors on them. etc. and I need all the bed space.
          I can get to the low 12's on a good day so I'm not far off.
          I just want to do my best to make the 32 but that might not be possible without a bar, and I don't want to go there. Drag Week is the only time I race so it is really insane that I am even doing this. I haven't even made it to the track since last drag week. Hope to get some time in to go make a few passes before I head to St. Louis.

The dominator seems to have better street manners than my old 850 Demon and am planning on running it daily.

I think I have lost what little mind I did have...............What an evil thing Dr. Frieburger invented............
          Last edited by greenXpress; July 31, 2015, 08:25 PM.
          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Good luck with the truck its cool to see truck that can run DW not a lot of them. I have the purple 52 ford truck been on 3 DW and had a great time every time... hope to get in this year going down to see if there is a spot left.. See u there

Comment

The Olds powered truck has a Ford Panther front end under it- that takes off about 100# but it is a lot of work. It inspired me to do the same to mine. After talking to you in BG a couple of years ago, I am sure you know what you can do to lighten that truck up. I would certainly get rid of the inner fenders and try to find a used fiberglass hood. You could do a little swiss cheesing with a hole saw in plenty of places if you have time without affecting the streetability of it. A little less weight will have that truck in the 11's in no time. Good luck!
              Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Working...
              X