Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

69 Days till Drag Week 2015.......Tell me why we do this again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 69 Days till Drag Week 2015.......Tell me why we do this again?

I lost someone close to me which made me realize that there is no tomorrow. TODAY is the new tomorrow! Do it NOW!

Amen!
    DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
    DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
    DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
    DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

Thats what I say, no time like the present
      Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
      Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
      Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
      Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Yesterday I yanked out about 2 miles of fuel line, and hope to only re-install a mile I'm waiting for an alternator to be delivered so I can do accessory drive mock ups on the engine stand, and once that is sorted out I'll re-install the engine and transmission. Hoping to do so later this week. I need to re-wrap the EFI wiring harness as well at some point this week. If all goes according to plan, I may be driving the car by the end of next weekend (crossing my fingers!).
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

We are not getting any younger. I turn 50 next year and life's for living.

Comment

Mine runs and drives but we only have a crankshaft in the new block and nothing else. Still have to order a cam and then hope it all fits in the car! If all else fails the 360 I built as a "temporary" means of getting the car running again will go for drag week #4 lol.
            1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
            1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Eat, drink and be merry (and race), for tomorrow we die. With apologies to just about everyone.

Plan B.

Last edited by CDMBill; July 7, 2015, 09:41 AM.
              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Good to see you have plan B well in mind...since you have about 180 days of work left on plan A.

There are two types of people in the world...those that dream, and those that do. I like hanging out with the guys who are doing it.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I've been thinking about this very subject quite a bit over the last couple of weeks. It's true, life waits for no one. I really try to balance between making decisions that will benefit me farther down the road, and doing what makes me happy right now. you never know how long you'll be around to make irresponsible decisions. I think this just sealed the deal on a purchase I've been considering.
                  1980 Turbo T/A - Turbocharged 408ci Pontiac. survived DW 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Comment

As I get older I find one of these three statements will fit any situation 1) You only live once 2) You can't take it with you and 3) Sometimes you just gotta say, "What the f**k!"
                    Last edited by MikeG; July 7, 2015, 04:49 PM.

Drag Week 2014 Broke down on the drive to Tulsa https://www.bangshift.com/forum/core...y-angry019.gif
                    Drag Week 2015 Street Machine Eliminator Finished
                    Drag Week 2016 out day one, better luck next year I hope
                    Drag Week 2017 out day one second pass trans went, next year in question https://www.bangshift.com/forum/core...y-angry034.gif

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                      Eat, drink and be merry (and race), for tomorrow we die. With apologies to just about everyone.

Plan B.

I like Plan B.............So cool watching it run.
                      Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Like it has been said many times at the end our biggest regrets are the things we didn't do.
                        Drag week 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17,18
                        Power Tour 97,98,99,00,02,04,05
                        Street Machine Nats 79,80,81,82,83,84,85,86,87,88,89,90,91,92,93

Comment

Originally posted by bluewagon1 View Post
                          Like it has been said many times at the end our biggest regrets are the things we didn't do.
                          yep.. I don't think anybody's been on their deathbed and regretted not working more..
                          DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
                          DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
                          DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
                          DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

61 days
                            Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                            Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Originally posted by Hooter View Post
                              We are not getting any younger. I turn 50 next year and life's for living.
                              Sheeeit, Bro. My 50 was a long time ago. You are so very right about that.

Comment

Working...
                              X