Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Dragweeker helps out a Power Tourer............thanks BBO Javelin.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Dragweeker helps out a Power Tourer............thanks BBO Javelin.....

So doing this years Power Tour my friends Maverick(John & Sue) was experiencing some issues with the clutch z-bar and by the Memphis stop it was really becoming a problem to the point that he had to shut off the car to put it in gear......so at the Birmingham hotel he decided to pull it and check it out......lucky he did our buddy Mark inspected it right away to find it was bent and cracked along the gusset plus we discovered it was coming in contact with driver side header to add to the problem....so at the hotel at 9 at night we couldn't find the CSX worker with a full dress rig who offered us assistance if we needed it....well that became 2 problems one we didn't actually see what room he went in and the hotel manager refused to tell us what room he was in because he said the guys gets up at 4:00 am and he didn't want to make him mad to lose his business....so now we were talking to two parking lot Power Tour locals that tried to reach a friend who could possibly help but no luck they couldn't get past the guy's wife on the phone......so at 10:00 at night what do you do who do you call......then I realize that we are about 40 miles south of a former Power Tourer and now hard core Drag Weeker BBO Javelin(Jake)...the one in same who always let me use his shop and helped me get my vehicles ready for Power Tour.......so I put in the call to Jake and he informs me he is still in his work clothes and he said to come on he will open his shop for us....we arrive at about 10:45 and Jake is a gracious host not only straightening out, welding, and grinding down the z-bar he just rebuilt it in about an hour after many thanks and promises for 1st round beer buys we leave Jake's shop and get back to the hotel at about 12:30....John re-installed the z bar around 06:00 am and we hit the road around 07:30 and John had on of the best days on the Power Tour yet thanks to Jake and his help.....a Bangshifer to the rescue.......thanks again Jake......
    That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Thats the way its suppose to work..... thanks to Javelin

Comment

THIS is what PT is about... NOT waiting at the venue gates to be first to park your carcass in a lawn chair in front of the stage waiting to hear if you won free stuff!
      DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
      DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
      DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
      DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

So nobody does that? LOL
        1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
        1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

I use to help run the Formula SAE events... I was the fuel expert .. we
          were running at the Ford PG which is down the street from me just a 1.5 miles
          if the cars were failing to pass inspection or were breaking I would have a
          line up of cars at my house(being just 1.5 miles) and I would be out in my
          shop till about 2 am before getting them on the road(per say)... one year
          I think I gave out 5 fuel pumps... the last year I worked there I built a muffler
          for 1 team because they couldnt pass the sound test... they did with mine..
          I was doing anything from making parts to welding.. I did a lot of tig work being
          that they were moly chassis's
          Last edited by MR P-BODY; June 22, 2015, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X