• Show
Clear All

• Yep... Just Another Day At My House

Dropped the engine/trans on my fascia Click image for larger version

Name:	046.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	1038528

A 904 sure looks good right now huh? You can cruise in the slow lane with me this year.
    1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
    1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

That is a bad day
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

OUCH I didn't even see the engine setting on the car until I saw the pic on Moparts........sorry Mike that really sucks!
        1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
        1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

I wonder if the ECTA would consider that an aero mod. :/

Comment

Mike didn't you take a pic. of the hoist piston it was bent to 90*
            Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
            Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

bummer! still a couple months to fix it, hang in there
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
                Mike didn't you take a pic. of the hoist piston it was bent to 90*
                Yeah I did... I'll post that pic Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0066.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	1038612

Comment

I got all my parts ordered today for the car... I also ordered a new engine
                  leveler/tilter.. I have to see what I want to do about a cherry picker... rebiuld
                  or new.. I'm looking at new ones now

Comment

Holy crap! Did they build that cylinder rod from cooked spaghetti? WTF!
                    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

That will leave a mark, bummer dood
                      Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
                      Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
                      Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
                      Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Ouch... I have a knot in the pit of my stomach seeing that... On the plus side, nobody was under the engine....

Comment

Originally posted by c2xejk View Post
                          Ouch... I have a knot in the pit of my stomach seeing that... On the plus side, nobody was under the engine....

so sad..........but ditto to the "on the plus side"......parts can be bought or made............Drag Weekers can't.
                          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Seems like every damn thing I do I go backwards... I sure hope this
                            is the end of that... part of the issue is I am still recovering from having
                            my chest split a couple of weeks ago(had a 4 way by-pass done) so
                            I'm far from being at full power... I sure dont want to pop my chest back
                            open... that would be a major bummer... tomorrow I'll do the trans swap
                            but I need to do a valve body swap first so I need to get the trans up on
                            the bench(using my buddys engine lift)... I hope to have the trans work
                            done within a week... by then maybe my body parts will be here... of
                            course thats only if things dont go backwards

Comment

Hang in there Mike and never give up or lose confidence in yourself. From reading your posts and meeting you and your buddies in person on DW2013 its my observation you clearly know your way around a race car - let me go out on a limb here and suggest that with your recent medical procedures you may want to take it a little slower and recognize that things take longer than they should or used to take. Indeed that's okay because remember you are one of the few that can still do his own work and loves it. I know first hand the problems one encounters after heart surgery, working (my wife calls it playing) in your shop on your hot rod is some of the best re-hab you can participate in, just keep in mind it's Ok if it takes tomorrow to finish what would have taken 3 hrs "back-in-day". My best to you and your family.

Hardy Handshakes, Swede
                              DragWeek 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 2013 with 2nd place in DD

Comment

Working...
                              X