No announcement yet.

Larry Larson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the big deal about Larry Larson's Truck, he's still 2 seconds slower then the Funny Cars, stop and think about that, pretty amazing!
    sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
      What's the big deal about Larry Larson's Truck, he's still 2 seconds slower then the Funny Cars, stop and think about that, pretty amazing!
      The funny cars are only running 1000 ft!
      Drag Week 2014 SR/BB/NA 11.12 @ 118.56 average
      Drag Week 2015 SR/BB/NA 10.84 @ 124.97 average

Comment

I love it , a lot of folks have bitched about Larry, fastest Street car, dragweek, he just keeps proving them wrong. Larry's got it going on!
        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by Firechickenman View Post

The funny cars are only running 1000 ft!
          Yep you're exactly right, so he's actually less then 2 seconds slower, that's funny!
          sigpic

Comment

Here's Larry's timeslip from his 5.95 run in Vegas....5.03 1000 ft.!
            Drag Week 2014 SR/BB/NA 11.12 @ 118.56 average
            Drag Week 2015 SR/BB/NA 10.84 @ 124.97 average

Comment

That's interesting, the "Truck" picks up 50 mph in the last 320 ft. and it takes Larry 92/100ths of a second to cover the last 320 ft. so we're now talking about the "Truck" being only "1 second" slower then a Funny Car on a 1,000 ft. run! Here's another thought, the "Truck" would blow the doors off of a Nostalgia Funny Car, that is if they had doors!
              sigpic

Comment

OK, I knew something had to be wrong with my calculations, the "Truck" picks up 50 mph over the last 1/8 mile, not the last 320 ft. a Top Fueler couldn't pick up 50 mph in the last 320 ft. my bad!
                Last edited by Grumpy; July 7, 2015, 04:47 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Still impressive regardless. Who said we would never see 5's at DW? More to the point, who amongst us thought we see 6's never mind 5's when we celebrated the three eight second Nova's at DW #1?
                  Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                    Still impressive regardless. Who said we would never see 5's at DW? More to the point, who amongst us thought we see 6's never mind 5's when we celebrated the three eight second Nova's at DW #1?

Still "very" impressive, after DW#1 I was thinking Unlimited is going to turn into a low 7 second race, OK so I missed it by a couple of seconds!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X