Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What state of disrepair is your car in..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well turns out I'm maybe on Plan C now myself (the GTO has been plan B for the last 2 years). I have a brake fitting that started leaking yesterday that's hiding in the mess of header tubes, clutch linkage, steering shaft and starter zone, plus today my scattershield filled up with oil from the rear main seal that decided to let go in a big way too. Both of those fixes require removing the engine, and I have no more time nor energy for that now. Last year I had to drop out when I drove through the clutch right before Dragweek, and now this year it's other nightmares that just come up at the last minute - I swear my GTO is cursed. Last year I regretted not going anyways with the daily driver Mustang, but with my crap luck I'd probably break that thing on the way there too. I'll sleep on it and decide tomorrow.

Comment

• Well still at the shop not sleeping any more just wrenching. I sur wish tech ended at 5 and not 1

Comment

• Originally posted by racefast View Post
        Well still at the shop not sleeping any more just wrenching. I sur wish tech ended at 5 and not 1
        Ahh, you just have to be in line for tech at 1. Doesn't mean the vehicle has to be done by 1. Probably won't get through tech till much later if you are jumping in line at 1...

Also, if you have read MoparBilly's sagas you know that the car does not necessarily have to start/run to get tech'd in. Though with the event getting bigger, they may start requiring it...

Comment

• Be aware that last year the car was required to start at tech, I think they called it the "Gebhart" rule......

Comment

• Got the car runing wiring the lights now but I still have lots more to do shifter wind shield tin the back and the tranny tunnel and I got to drive it ther cause I have no trailer to tow it wish me luck

Comment

• Good luck! We hope to see you at Gateway. Don't forget the essentials: license, registration, proof of insurance! And as stated above, you can fix some stuff in the tech line (and even if there is a minor problem, like horn or rearview mirror, etc. you can fix after tech and before Monday morning).

Comment

• What happened to the hemi? I was looking forward to seeing it this year.

Comment

• For those here that don't know, we won't be making it either. We couldn't get the EFI tp light off and we know we have a wring fault somewhere but no time left to fix and make the drive with a completely untested new car. Drag Weekend will be the back up plan.
                  Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                    For those here that don't know, we won't be making it either. We couldn't get the EFI tp light off and we know we have a wring fault somewhere but no time left to fix and make the drive with a completely untested new car. Drag Weekend will be the back up plan.
                    where is that unlike button.

Sorry to hear Bill.
                    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

• Still up jeep not done and not making it so close but not there will be thee in the mustang not really ready since I have been working on the jeep

Comment

Working...
                      X