Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Hot Rod turned anybody away that showed up on registration day hoping to get in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Hot Rod turned anybody away that showed up on registration day hoping to get in?

Just hoping to hear some feedback

Nope, hasnt happened yet
    -Jeff
    Street car with a 5 speed, 427ci SBF 9.86 at 136mph
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GKQ2xpZraU
    I survived Drag Week 2013

Comment

The only thing better than money they've had for five months, is getting new money to start the event! I think last year it was 14 or 16 that entered on registration day.

Comment

For the past couple years it's been sold out ahead of time, and Freiburger has made a point of letting everyone know that they've never turned anyone away who showed up to register on site. I wonder how long this will go on....will this be the unlucky year that they start?

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

If that is your plan, get on the wait list... The guys on the waitlist that show up will get priority for the remaining spots over people that just show up trying to get in.
          -Jeff
          Street car with a 5 speed, 427ci SBF 9.86 at 136mph
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GKQ2xpZraU
          I survived Drag Week 2013

Comment

As I recall the policy stated last year is that they would fill the field starting with those present that were on the waiting list. Then with those that showed up in order that they showed up...

What is historic no show percent? 20%? So 20% of 350 means ~70 no shows. If I am remembering correctly, last year they started with the field overfilled by 16 cars even after they over registered...

So if your plan is to get in the day of the event, get on the waiting list and get there early and be prepared for a long day waiting for them to make it official.

Comment

At some point they will HAVE to turn away people... last year
              they allowed 350 and this year they said 350 entries and maybe
              some from the waiting list will get in(like said.. 20% tend to drop out)
              so maybe the waiting list will make up that 20%... maybe not ... so
              that part might be a crap shoot........ just a guess on my part
              Last edited by MR P-BODY; May 4, 2015, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Last year there was 351 signed up.. 309 showed up , 16 didn't break the beam the first day. Odds are if you show with money in hand ready to race they will let you in

Comment

You gotta give it a try Rod.

Comment

Rod if you didn't count on your friend for everything and then go up to the RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRich Rod Resort and lay back... Start getting your priority in line. your buddy
                    Pork Chop
                    Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                    Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

If I were you guys, I wouldn't travel too far to get turned away at the gate. It sounds like this might be the year.

If Drag Week has fewer than 350 entries when on-site registration is concluded at the drag strip on registration day, we will accept the wait-list entries that are present on site, starting with the first people on the list and working down. Once all wait-list entries are added, if the total entries are still fewer than 350, we will accept entries from other people on site who have shown up to try and race.

Comment

Yup, that's what the rules say. But....they kinda want us all to race, too. Tough call.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

The outside looking in and it seems like the fence keeps getting taller.. Archer to the wall
                          Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                          Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                            Yup, that's what the rules say. But....they kinda want us all to race, too. Tough call.

and NEW money

Comment

The easiest thing about building a hot rod is whipping out the plastic and ordering new parts. Then they show up, and you have to do the work to install them.How many cars do we see wasting away in garages with boxes of new parts all around them?
                              Same thing with Drag Week, the easiest part is pre-registering 5 months in advance, by punching some data into the pc.! Many people use the "I missed pre-registration" as an excuse not to go, still others will use the excuse, "I didn't get to test the car, and work the bugs out ", or "I ran out of time to finish it".

The truth is, if you have the passion, desire, and resolve to tackle Drag Week 2015, you will be in the registration line at St. Louis on Sept. 13th. I guarantee there will be less than 350 of us, and no one will be turned away.
                              Last edited by MoparBilly; May 5, 2015, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X