Newbie wanting to run in Drag Week 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hemi Joel View Post

The Hot rod will be way more fun and cool. Scratch the eco boost. Pour everything you have into getting the hot rod done. Burn your ships. Having a viable plan b makes it too easy to not work on the hot rod. Don't ask me how I know!
    I agree! I remember scratching my head last year wondering why the guy with the fire jacket embroidered with the Mopar emblem and "Hemi Joel" on it was driving an Oldsmobile...

Drag Week 2014 SR/BB/NA 11.12 @ 118.56 average
    Drag Week 2015 SR/BB/NA 10.84 @ 124.97 average

Comment

Originally posted by Firechickenman View Post

I agree! I remember scratching my head last year wondering why the guy with the fire jacket embroidered with the Mopar emblem and "Hemi Joel" on it was driving an Oldsmobile...

Ouch! That's going to leave a mark!

Comment

Hey do what you have to to make the event... Don't worry about the BS if money is a factor take care of priority first .. Good luck and see you at DW
        Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
        Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi Joel View Post

The Hot rod will be way more fun and cool. Scratch the eco boost. Pour everything you have into getting the hot rod done. Burn your ships. Having a viable plan b makes it too easy to not work on the hot rod. Don't ask me how I know!
          This right here.. epitomizes the Drag Week spirit!

Need any more encouragement? Read this ---> http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...ve-been-warned

Good luck!
          DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
          DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
          DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
          DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

Originally posted by AdvAutoBob View Post
            This right here.. epitomizes the Drag Week spirit!

Need any more encouragement? Read this ---> http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...ve-been-warned

Good luck!

Awesome read!!!! I actually used to work on the starting line crew at Gateway and live right down the road from the track. I went down to Collinsville that year and looked around at all the drag week guys cars. I saw Shawn's (I don't know his last name) awesome Chevy II wagon with that MASSIVE turbo, Poison Gas's awesome Model A gasser and also Tom Bailey in his Camaro when he just pulled into the hotel. I think that Drag Week is when I really wanted to do the trip in my coupe, especially after seeing Poison Gas's car.

Comment

If you like Keith's car that much, then you'll save money on hotel rooms, because you'll camp out at the tracks like he did....right?
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Well, I wouldn't have to pay to stay anywhere at Gateway, Indy, or Union Grove, so yes I may stay at the track in Cordova lol.

Comment

This is what its all about right here, right Squirrel??? LOVE IT!! I used to own a 63 Chevy II, had to sell it to get my coupe.
                  Ride along down the highway with Jim and Steven Forbes in the Plan II altered wheel base car. Drag Week 2014 by Hot Rod magazine. Just cruising down the road...

Comment

Yeah, that's as good as life gets!

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Well, registration is announced and it looks like its just a dream for me this year. I have been racking my brain the last few weeks since the route was announced trying to figure out how I could pull this off either with my coupe, or something I could throw together and its just not gonna happen. Like they always say "there's always next year." Sucks but it is what it is. I will however be down there to watch everyone and cruise around the hotel parking lots.

Comment

Bummer. Hopefully it works out for you in 2016!

Comment

The parking lots is where the most fun is.. either kicking back a few
                          while watching or helping some one pull their engine down... you
                          know all about the track part

Comment

This is our 51 Plymouth Suburban we will probably be cruising around in when everyone is in town.
                            Last edited by lilduec; April 24, 2015, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X