Just gonna hide this here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just gonna hide this here.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Damn!!!

(I found it)

Dan

Comment

But in all seriousness my god that machine is a monster.

Comment

incredible. where video blips over human conception, that gauge just slams it into my brain.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Cool Vid, to bad he lost.
          The Green Machine.
          http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

The unfortunate reality of *competition* is that, if you built something specific for Drag Week, then you're likely to get stuck in Unlimited Pro Mod class at any other event. That car to the right? weighs 300+ pounds less than the truck. Meanwhile, the truck will outrun Coughlin's NHRA Pro Mod all day long. You can only have everything if your combo exists only in your head. In reality, things are different.
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I'm confused. I can only see one shift.
              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                I'm confused. I can only see one shift.
                The 1-2 shift is a short shift very early. Almost impossible to see it, notice the RPM sorta hanging in one place after the launch? Not only a short shift but a LOT of stuff going on there with timing and boost control. That's where it's likely to shake the tires or blow them off.

Comment

The technology is SO far ahead of the chassis. That's why I'd like to see the high-tech unrestricted power in an unlimited chassis like a T/F or F/C. No multi stage slipper clutch either. I really don't like the idea of rebuilding the drivetrain every pass. The last time I was at the track I could smell more clutch dust than nitro. Are the current Pro Mods just a Left steer Funny Car?
                  My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                    The technology is SO far ahead of the chassis. That's why I'd like to see the high-tech unrestricted power in an unlimited chassis like a T/F or F/C. No multi stage slipper clutch either. I really don't like the idea of rebuilding the drivetrain every pass. The last time I was at the track I could smell more clutch dust than nitro. Are the current Pro Mods just a Left steer Funny Car?
                    the ones I'm seeing (turbo cars - mostly Proline customers) are running TH400s and converters, only drivetrain maintenance there between rounds is cool the trans fluid. Some of these guys are going 125+ passes on the turbo engines without needing a refresh. I know blower engines, especially outlaw classes, 25 passes is the norm.

Comment

What is the skinny on the EFI controller being used. From what I have read it is something
                      ProLine deals with?

Comment

Originally posted by ImpalaSam View Post
                        What is the skinny on the EFI controller being used. From what I have read it is something
                        ProLine deals with?
                        You picked the right place to ask, LOL. I spent the last 8 months or so helping them test and develop it for USDM use.

It's made in brazil. Not a ton of I/O but VERY user friendly. Tested it on Larry's truck, Justin Shearer (Big Chief)'s car this past summer (those episodes are coming up in a few weeks), and I ran it on Brad Nagel's engine at Engine Masters Challenge - we finished second. So it's almost done testing, and ready for sale.

There's nothing extremely special, but it impressed me as being a very good system to learn EFI on. They keep it simple on purpose. Excellent documentation too. You can download the FT500 "FTManager" program, and the instructions, from www.fueltechems.com.

Link to FTManager (the laptop software used for tuning): http://www.fueltech.net/downloads/do.../88/ftmanager/
                        Link to the documentation: http://www.fueltech.net/downloads/do.../ft500-manual/

Comment

Not trying to ruffle any feathers but how does it rate against the Holley and Megasquirt units? Those
                          two seem to be the ones you have commented on the most.

Comment

Can that system be used with an IR intake?
                            The Green Machine.
                            http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ImpalaSam View Post
                              Not trying to ruffle any feathers but how does it rate against the Holley and Megasquirt units? Those
                              two seem to be the ones you have commented on the most.
                              Megasquirt is *feature rich* - it has capability to do many, many different things. The downside to all this functionality is that it's easy to get confused (fortunately, there are good resources available to help). With features come complexity. That being said, it's my personal favorite ECU of all these.

FuelTech is less rich in features, but easier to use. Both have similar performance, but the FT500 has less physical inputs or outputs. The one upside to the fueltech is that it has a Racepak interface so you can plug it into a race car logger and it works. Megasquirt are working on their Racepak interface. Fueltech is great for the typical Distributor ignition (although it will run coilpacks as we did at EMC this year).

Holley fits right in between, it's nice because it's got "A Big Name Behind It" - it has a ton of inputs and outputs, but also good documentation.

I don't sell any of these, just so you know, so no real motivation to push one over the other. I am close with the Proline and FuelTech guys because I worked with them getting FuelTech ready for the US market, and they are all great people.

Comment

Working...
                              X