Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about taking the plunge - hardware help, please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TC View Post
    Jeff I will always use a carb, but there is nothing wrong with knowing both, might even be able to learn something that you might not learn if you just fixate on one...........
    there is definitely something wrong with knowing neither and still gobbling up someone else's thread. I think we're all going to move to a new forum, putting up with the local jackoff here has become too much effort.
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Gene, I made the decision to MS the wagon too! Not sure on the time frame, but it is my training ground for the GTO.

I know I should have never stopped at Bartons!
      Reading , Pa
      Good Guys rodders rep.
      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
        Gene, I made the decision to MS the wagon too! Not sure on the time frame, but it is my training ground for the GTO.

May 12th, Maple Grove, you better plan on being there!
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
          Jeff I will always use a carb, but there is nothing wrong with knowing both, might even be able to learn something that you might not learn if you just fixate on one...........
          TC i said him, you have proved there is no hope for you. The remarks I make in posts are about the Rule, not the .0009% exception to the rule.

You (TC), Spiderman, and Super Dude fit in the exception .0009 %
          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
            May 12th, Maple Grove, you better plan on being there!
            So he will be holding the Umbrella.
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Im more of a drink holder....as in " hold my beer and watch this! "
              Reading , Pa
              Good Guys rodders rep.
              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Randal, what do you run for a fuel pressure regulator?
                I run an aeromotive fuel pressure regulator. I figure he could run a stock set of fuel rails and pressure regulator yanked from the junkyard. With a 327, I'd be surprised if he needed larger fuel rails/regulator.

From the junkyard, other than the fuel pump, I'd grab the fuel rails and pressure regulator from a Chevy 350 (TPI? Assuming you can make them work with what ever intake you go with, or drill your own injector bungs on your current intake!), coolant and air intake sensors along with wiring pigtails. I'd grab 8 injector pigtails (I grabbed 8 from the junkyard and GM was even kind enough to label them 1 through 8 ), depending on what you are doing for throttle body, if you can find one a 454 throttle body or Q-jet with TPS, or at minimum grab the TPS and pig tail off a GM TBI to make work with a modified carb (like Squirrel did). O2 sensors might be a waste of time/money as they are narrow band sensors. You can use one pretty much for cruising, but are useless for decent loading and WOT. If you want to get brave you might get a set of injectors from the junkyard, but typical OE injectors probably won't flow what you want unless it's off a supercharged or turbo'd engine. If you do try OE junkyard injectors that are only rated for 24lb/hr or less, then you'd probably want to get an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator to turn up the fuel pressure to 60psi or so, and that may be enough.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Randal, I've either missed it, or are you even using a lift pump? I should go read your stuff again, but it's like walking down NYC streets ... I don't want to wind up on the wrong page.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Bonneville SSEi's have 30 lb injectors. There are usually at least a couple of cars with that motor (Park Avenue Ultra, Grand Prix GTP, etc) in the pull-a-part.
                    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Gene, you can always borrow my LM2 kit for tuning, to save $$ on the wideband. Or, Mike T who you met at Bartons (the guy who designed and built the Plug & Play kit for the late Hemi) is pals with the guy at Zeitronix, perhaps they'll have a beta system for you to use and test. Don't worry about the wideband for now.

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post

You know it! Can't say I'm hooked, but I'm sniffing the bait... anyway, Scott and cohorts can be pretty persuasive.

Hey, when you do the wagon, can I watch?
                        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Gene, you can always borrow my LM2 kit for tuning, to save $$ on the wideband. Or, Mike T who you met at Bartons (the guy who designed and built the Plug & Play kit for the late Hemi) is pals with the guy at Zeitronix, perhaps they'll have a beta system for you to use and test. Don't worry about the wideband for now.
                          Thanks, Scott.

It humbles me to admit that I don't understand much of what you just said. I need to do a bunch of reading to understand the basics... any recommendations?

Comment

You DID NOT build an "MS KIT" - you bought a Plug-and-play system which required you to add only a few jumpers and a couple bias resistors. Please do not assume that this means you assembled your own MS! PLease don't f*ck up this thread by posting in it any more. We're trying to help Schtauffer figure out how to do budget EFI and this is not something you've ever done, period. STAY OUT.
                            Anyone wanna pitch in? I'm gonna see what is involved in making sure DG gets laid in the near future. He might need it...
                            Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer View Post
                              Thanks, Scott.

It humbles me to admit that I don't understand much of what you just said. I need to do a bunch of reading to understand the basics... any recommendations?
                              Just ordered Matt Cramer's book.

Comment

Randal, thanks for the input. I'm gonna make a junkyard run next Saturday and see what I can find. Will need to create a shopping list.

Comment

Working...
                                X