• Show
Clear All

• D/G

ok on diy site and
    it looks like I need
    #ms230-k
    #jimstim-k
    #msrelay-k

do I need the msII daughter board(or is this just the upgrade ecu for the msI), or relay cable or jumper pack..
    I know I'll need the tuning cable, but think I have a few of those straight through 9 pin's at work
    is the msharness12 worth it. or is it better to make your own.. seems the harness would be a time saver, but one size fits all doesn't always work..

Re: D/G

MS2 kits have the daughter board included, they wouldn't be an MS2 if they didn't have it.

The relay cable connects the MS2 to the relay board. The 12' harness is not meant for use with the relay board, though you could cut it short and put a second DB37 on the end, then use the wiring from it to make a relay board to engine harness.

Comment

gottha
      is the tune saved in a way if the power is off dis connected , it looses the tune in the memory..
      like the first fords after they stopped with the proms

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
        gottha
        is the tune saved in a way if the power is off dis connected , it looses the tune in the memory..
        like the first fords after they stopped with the proms
        Matt's got you MORE than covered when it comes to "what I need to purchase"

Buy from him because his tech support is ridiculously awesome...

Regarding power off, nope - the MS doesn't lose it's brain when powered off / disconnected from power and grounds.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Matt has it covered, DIYautotune.com is awesome and have always done more than right for me.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

am I going to need the jumper pack...?
            or is that more for after when running spark and fuel..
            or .will I need more than the few that come with it..
            I can always make some up.. if needed..

Comment

as seen as I'll have to pull the intake for the injector bungs
              and these engine picks up 25 ft lb and 22 hp with a air gap..
              I'll get one.. and have them fitted to it..
              is there a rule of thumb for placement. other than the fuel inlets being all level and plum.. so fuel rail hook up is easier..
              I'm guess'n it be a good idea to have the throddle body first befor mocking up the placement of injectors and rails..
              I have no idea on where to look for one.. for this project..
              will a 454 chevy truck tbi one work ,or will the injector housing limit the air flow so much to not make it worth it..
              or the side be the limiting factor as I'm sure the stocker wasn't made for red line banshe runs..
              I have 5 carb's 2 q jets 2 bearclaw 850's and 2 demon750's and have heard on here of an inline tps that is used instead of a efi throttlebody..
              can I get some inlightenment on this...
              thanks

Comment

You can always use carb for the throttle body. Just block any passages that can leak air when there's no fuel available. For a TPS sensor, you can find a "String Potentiometer" and just hook it to the throttle cable or linkage somewhere.

That's if you don't want to spend any money on a throttle body. It doesn't have to be a TBI, I'd just go for whatever is least restrictive...
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

The jumper.1 jumper pack is mostly for using the JimStim to test out really exotic mods.

I build a setup similar to Edelbrock's intake elbows for my Dart. It was before those things were available, and having the aluminum professionally welded ended up costing about as much as buying an Edelbrock setup. Those would probably be the easiest way to get a junkyard TB on there. Though like Scott said, a gutted carb works too.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                    You can always use carb for the throttle body. Just block any passages that can leak air when there's no fuel available. For a TPS sensor, you can find a "String Potentiometer" and just hook it to the throttle cable or linkage somewhere.

That's if you don't want to spend any money on a throttle body. It doesn't have to be a TBI, I'd just go for whatever is least restrictive...
                    I want one that if the tps fails I can walk into napa and get one..
                    I'd rather spend a little , now.. than on a tow home cause it'll be a few days for a part

Comment

If I EFI my Centurion it's getting a gutted Q-jet and the string TPS.

Do TPS's ever really completely fail and leave you stranded? Don't they give some warning like dead spots or resistance changes?
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                        Originally posted by dieselgeek

I want one that if the tps fails I can walk into napa and get one..
                        I'd rather spend a little , now.. than on a tow home cause it'll be a few days for a part
                        You don't even need a TPS sensor to run the engine. You can run without one if you like, using "Manifold Pressure Change" to give you your accel pump enrichments instead of actual throttle travel. So it's not worth worrying about having one you can replace quickly.

Carb guys always like to think, and say things like "I'll be screwed if I lose a sensor on the side of the road!!!" but the fact is, these sensors fail FAR Less than carb parts. On top of that, with a megasquirt, as long as you have your laptop you ca work around a failed TPS, CLT, IAT, and even a failed MAP sensor.

I wouldn't worry about it. Or, buy two if you are paranoid. On the first Drag Week I brought something like SEVEN completed megasquirt systems and enough ancillary components to do complete EFI conversions on practically ALL the cars at the event. The last 4 drag weeks, we didn't even bring spares. Never had one die on us. If it's going to fry, it'll do it quickly 99% of the time.

Comment

all new to me..
                          good 2 know.

Comment

who makes or sells/stocks those inline tps

or a good place to look at different throttlebody's ect.. to get Ideas

Comment

My suggestion is that you get friendly with your parts counter guy and spend time looking through his sensor catalogs. Then keep a list of the OEM sensors that you want to use by PN# and application, in other words year, make and model of car that they came on. I spent a very frustrating and fruitless Sunday evening running from parts place to parts place one time trying to replace a "Haltech" tps sensor. After spending time looking at it we figured out that it was a Ford TPS that Haltech had spliced a GM weather pak connector to. I only figured it out after the third counter guy that started to go through the damn computer required litany of questions got frustrated with me and set me up at their commercial counter with all the books.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X