Tig welder pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tig welder pedals

Anybody have any insight on getting repair parts for your pedals? I have two Lincoln squarewave 175's and one pedal is dead and I fear the other is now going...jus cuts out during compression. I went to the dealer and they say no rebuild kits available and new one is $280...WTH? I've had them apart and theres like 5 pieces. Cant believe parts aren't out there. Thanks

I buy parts for my pedals.... but I'm all about Miller. Too bad I don't live next door

that said.... my pedal is ooollllllldddddd school

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 14, 2013, 11:05 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Ever thought about switching to a thumb wheel? I got that set up when I got my synchro 200 and it was at least $100 cheaper than the price they're quoting you for the foot pedal.

Check out weldfabulous.com and ebay - you'll likely find prices that are much more reasonable. I like supporting the local stores, but sometimes the mark ups are outrageous.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        I buy parts for my pedals.... but I'm all about Miller. Too bad I don't live next door

I have the Lincoln 185 also and it has the same pedal as BuickGuy shows... so check with Miller...
        the shop I deal with has a repair department and so far I havent had any issues... on my pedal
        the wire going to it has acted up(frayed wires) so I ended up cutting it and made it shorter....
        every once in a while I do pull the pedal box apart to clean it
        Last edited by MR P-BODY; February 15, 2013, 08:25 AM.

Comment

I have the same Miller...never a problem...but for other welders I cannot believe how NOT HELPFUL the local repair shop is when it comes to parts like that. They have zero interest, once you have any issues at all they just want you to throw it all out and buy a new unit from them with the implied promise that then maybe they'll like you more. So I'm curious about other experience here as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Thats odd, i have similiar pedal box etc with my miller but i have 2 cables, one cable has a 3pin connector and the other a 2pin connector.
            A Carter Carb Shop, sales and service

Comment

Originally posted by oj View Post
              Thats odd, i have similiar pedal box etc with my miller but i have 2 cables, one cable has a 3pin connector and the other a 2pin connector.
              mine has two as well.... word to the wise, though, on those pedals - all the internal parts are readily available HOWEVER the plug is not available new....

Comment

Mine is a single cable going to the pedal.. just like shown in the pic...
                I'm not home to say how many wires are in the cable and I dont remember
                how many but it was like 6 or 8 wires....about 16 gauge each(rough guess)

Comment

Damn...I was hopin for a parts warehouse addy with a itemized list. Weldfabulous only had pedals that were basically what I could find local. Really didnt think it would be out of the realm of possibility to get seperate parts. Mine like MR P-BOBY's is single cable with a specific register and 6 or 8 plug.

Comment

there used to be a company on ebay selling pedals that supposedly made the pedals for lincoln. id search on there. i bought one from them brand new for way less than i could find anywhere else. its like an upgraded version, has extra features that only work with certain machines, but the price worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by AFFORDILLAC View Post
                      Damn...I was hopin for a parts warehouse addy with a itemized list. Weldfabulous only had pedals that were basically what I could find local. Really didnt think it would be out of the realm of possibility to get seperate parts. Mine like MR P-BOBY's is single cable with a specific register and 6 or 8 plug.
                      ebay is your friend on stuff like this. My dad had an extra pedal when I was setting up my TIG - but I had to buy everything inside it new.... so, after that bloodbath (err, support of my local weld shop :ack I'd say the ones on ebay aren't a bad deal at all.... (e.g. $5.03 for a flipping stainless bolt (the one the pedal rides on))....

Comment

Working...
                      X