Portable Two Post Lifts.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable Two Post Lifts.....

So I've been looking and came across these two, what's your opinion and do you know of any others??.....

This is the Kernel Longhorn 6000lb lift.....

Looking for the best automotive 2 post car lifts for sale online in the US? Our automotive vehicle lifts in capacity from 7k to 18k, are available in Redline Stands now! Order yours today. Free Shipping.

And this is the MaxJax 6000lb lift.....

MaxJax is the unique portable two-post car lift design that offers greater versatility and serviceability when compared to traditional garage lifting systems.
    Last edited by TC; July 2, 2012, 11:35 PM.

Do they bolt to the floor? Cause they look really scary if they don't.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

So they finally found a way to make a somewhat instable dangerous lift even more dangerous...
      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
        Do they bolt to the floor? Cause they look really scary if they don't.
        Yes they bolt to the floor...... Jay Leno did a video for the MaxJax and they went through the whole installation process and Jay put one of his cars up in the air with it....... I'm thinking about it for my Garage since I only have an 8' ceiling....... And it sure beats laying on your back.......

IMO, the Longhorn looks like a better built piece.......
        Last edited by TC; July 3, 2012, 01:17 AM.

Comment

There was a whole cult following for the MaxJack on garage journal a while back. You can go read about them there.
          1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

if jay leno does a video - COUNT ME IN
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

8' ceiling? so 5' for car and the max you'll get the car 3' off the floor... tc is a midget? not that there's anything wrong with that but if you're not, you won't be standing anyway... and in many ways 3' would be far more annoying then the 2' you can get a car off the ground on jack stands

IMO you live in Arizona, why not put a full sized lift outside?
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

My 2 post (permanent installation) is about as unstable as I'm willing to live with. The 2-posts in my buddy Dave's shop have a stout angle that runs long ways from the uprights and also bolts to the floor. Adds about 2 1/2 feet to the width of the base without being too much in the way. I'm thinking of adding that to mine. My hoist in A2 was a buried in the floor type and was rock solid - not possible here due to the water table.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  My 2 post (permanent installation) is about as unstable as I'm willing to live with. The 2-posts in my buddy Dave's shop have a stout angle that runs long ways from the uprights and also bolts to the floor. Adds about 2 1/2 feet to the width of the base without being too much in the way. I'm thinking of adding that to mine. My hoist in A2 was a buried in the floor type and was rock solid - not possible here due to the water table.

Dan
                  same with my lift, my dad's lift has those angles and it seems more solid. Of course, neither lift moves its baseplate, but I get the same raised-hair-on-my-neck experience lifting my diesel 4x4 on my lift
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Where are they actually manufactured and can you add a bridge span at the top? My buddy Karl and I have rented space for projects and we've been debating portable four post and two post lifts as well as used commercial stuff like an FMC full height alignment rack with dual jacks for getting the car off the four wheel platform.
                    Last edited by CDMBill; July 3, 2012, 04:08 PM.
                    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I'd think that if it has to be moved from time to time a 4-post might have an advantage, especially if you have access to some strong guys who would help with the move. They're pretty easy to set up and aren't too fussy about how thick the floor is. There's a disadvantage to having the wheels on the runners but that can be overcome.

Dan

Comment

I really like the lift that Mike Crow has. It is a 4-post mobile lift. Not sure of the brand, but it is damned handy!

Ron
                        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

2 post lifts. I shopped for 6 months before I went to Greg Smith Equipment. Only selling point, they keep stock of replacement parts for all their lifts. Basically learned that every single lift supplier, even Bendpack, are made overseas. I didnt buy one hoping I would find an american company for a fricking hydraulic cylinder, hose and some structural steel welded together. 2 post lifts show the bottom line of how sad it is that america chooses to import rather than build our own shit. Whether you bolt them or not, if you can find one with the absolute largest baseplate, you will get a safer lift. Looking at those pictures, I would even weld a nice big plate under either of those.

Comment

8 foot ceiling, 40" lift? What is that guy on the seat a midget? From my ass to the top of my head is damn near 40" and you're taller than me. I think I rather lay on my back than crouch under one of these.
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

so other than wheels on the back of the post, what is the difference between these and a permanent installation? They still have to be bolted/unbolted to set up and move.....
                              Last edited by chevy3100truck; July 10, 2012, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X