Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blow through like you've never seen it before..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blow through like you've never seen it before..........

I just think the pics speak for themselves.......

Last edited by TC; April 26, 2012, 11:15 PM.

You've never seen a blow through carb setup? That's what a "pretty" one looks like, but based on seller comments - I bet that thing runs like crap. Only 450hp from twins? Each turbo puts out 7psi so it totals at 14psi? ROFL

You gonna buy it?
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

love it, using a tunnel ram to balance the output of the turbos after the carbs.... wonder what you'd call that, not draw through, not blow through.... lol
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Call me nutty, but what's so unique about this one?
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

disciplined build.
          I bet it is a clean burner.

hearing it run might help the sale.

7psi is emission related boost.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
            Call me nutty, but what's so unique about this one?
            most times you balance the turbos before they get to the fuel metering system...

the down side (and this is just one) - what happens when one turbo isn't producing identical boost to the other?

Comment

Looks like plenty of heat going straight into the intake, the carb hats alone have distibution issues. But hey parking and racing his lawn chair its fine.
              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                You've never seen a blow through carb setup? That's what a "pretty" one looks like, but based on seller comments - I bet that thing runs like crap. Only 450hp from twins? Each turbo puts out 7psi so it totals at 14psi? ROFL

You gonna buy it?
                I've never seen a blow through setup with dual carbs and each carb being fed by a turbo, just something I've never seen before.......I can only imagine the tuning problems......He also says it can be turned up, at what PSI should you be running blow-off's?? And like Jeff said lots of heat.......But I guess it is pretty to look at.......

Comment

How much anything does a 1700 lbs car need.

I remember 2 guys with a Nasty Blown BBC at Indy in the same hotel parking lot for years and the thing had a four speed. Nothing but asses and elbows on every corner with it. Lots of fun but those cats where nutz
                  2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                  First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                  2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                  2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                    How much anything does a 1700 lbs car need.

I remember 2 guys with a Nasty Blown BBC at Indy in the same hotel parking lot for years and the thing had a four speed. Nothing but asses and elbows on every corner with it. Lots of fun but those cats where nutz
                    A 'busa motor and 14 pounds of boost would be a handful.. but then it wouldn't weigh 1700 any more either. Maybe 1400?

If you never really get into it, is distribution really a problem? Nothing carb'd and designed for 5000+ rpm seems to like the air speed at idle.

It's pretty (the engine), and it could be corrected for not a lot of work?
                    Last edited by Beagle; April 27, 2012, 02:32 PM.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Nice iron heads too.

Probly pretty stock internally.

But I'm sure it'll make a 10-year-old go "WOW" at a car show, and isn't that worth something?
                      Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

t-bucket. ewwww
                        formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
                        http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

I'd still like to try something like it.

8psi = 20 Hg in the other direction.

one is ice, one is toasty warm.

subarus played with that for 9 years.
                          the carbs no boost ended up winning...for 16 more and counting.

still a nice build, it is definitely for show and tell.
                          Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

at my high school that is how we set up the turbo big block we ran on our dyno mule. only reason we did it that way was it was all we had didn't have a carb hat for 2 carbs so we improvised

the engine was weak though it was a stock '78 RV 454 rated at 120hp stock wih the twins and 12psi it made 450RWHP stock cam and stock heads. we had fuel balancing issues though and leaned out and killed a piston

we redid it after replacing the pistons with a single carb with a dual inlet carb hat and the engine made the same power and ran a lot better untill it hung a valve lol
                            Last edited by Mater; April 27, 2012, 11:09 PM.
                            Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                            Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

I've been chuckling about the "only" 450 hp comment. While I have some concerns that this car would make 450 once before detonation puts holes in one or more pistons....

this car "only" had 500 hp and is roughly the same weight as the t-bucket

Thanks to Paul Skett for getting my model numbers straightened out. (It's a gorgeous car either way!)

and it goes 200 mph (okay, maybe not anymore, but it did in its career)

Comment

Working...
                              X