Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blow through like you've never seen it before..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well witht he 454 you expect one seeing 12 psi to make a bit more then 450 to the wheels lol but then agian it did blow up twice
    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Well looks like fuel injection and turbo's have been around for a very long time...........

Comment

It has, but you can bet thats not on Gas
        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Look at the latest Hot Rod if you want an up close picture.
          I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
            Look at the latest Hot Rod if you want an up close picture.
            Did you mean CarCraft??, on the last page of the newest issue they have one that is similar to this one.........

Comment

Nope I meant Hot Rod. Full tech article on early Hemi.
              I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                It has, but you can bet thats not on Gas
                Jeff, sorry to report, but it was!

That is the Enriquez/Adams AA/GD. Those guys didn't use the turbos for long. They killed everyone with their blown combo and although the Hemi made more power with the turbos, they couldn't get it right and went back to a blown combo. I recently wrote a story that will appear in Hot Rod about "10 Turbos Cars Before Turbos Were Cool" and this was one of them.
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

That had to be a hit and miss on Gas with Mech injection and a turbo.
                  2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                  First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                  2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                  2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                    Jeff, sorry to report, but it was!

That is the Enriquez/Adams AA/GD. Those guys didn't use the turbos for long. They killed everyone with their blown combo and although the Hemi made more power with the turbos, they couldn't get it right and went back to a blown combo. I recently wrote a story that will appear in Hot Rod about "10 Turbos Cars Before Turbos Were Cool" and this was one of them.
                    That's cool, I just searched for old dragsters with turbo'd hemi's and that came up, it's neat that you did a story on it......Be looking forward to reading it!!!!........
                    Last edited by TC; April 30, 2012, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
                      Nope I meant Hot Rod. Full tech article on early Hemi.
                      I'll have to check it out, I may not have new one yet......

Comment

They made 250 hp more with the turbos over the blower. NHRA probably outlawed it.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Just ask Ohio George about that, or Buddy Ingersol (RIP)
                          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

The car was not outlawed, the guys (from my understanding) had trouble getting that extra hp down to the ground. They were one of the top AA/Gas Dragster teams of that era and they went back to the blower motor because that was what worked for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                              The car was not outlawed, the guys (from my understanding) had trouble getting that extra hp down to the ground. They were one of the top AA/Gas Dragster teams of that era and they went back to the blower motor because that was what worked for them.
                              I asked a lot of questions about that engine to Gene Adams directly - after all, it shows up in pictures all over the internet I figured I'd ask him about it.

The problem was consistency and getting the engine to run right on every pass. MFI systems base their fuel quantity on engine RPM and throttle position, but the turbo engine requires huge differences in fuel quantity even at the same throttle and RPM positions, because the air density and pressure can be totally different for any given throttle/RPM combo.

If they'd have had a better Manifold Pressure referenced regulator at the time to help them meet the engine's fuel demands more accurately - they'd have kept running it.
                              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Cool deal Scott! Thanks for that info. I am putting it in my drag dork memory bank.

Comment

Working...
                                X