No announcement yet.

GM master cylinder question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it was Freiburger and / or Dulcich... minimum requirements for driving a car with risky or dysfunctional MC (choose 2):

a) manual transmission
    b) working emergency brake
    c) working horn

man I hate that sinking pedal feeling. Good call!
    Last edited by Beagle; April 21, 2012, 02:22 AM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
      I think it was Freiburger and / or Dulcich... minimum requirements for driving a car with risky or dysfunctional MC (choose 2):

a) manual transmission
      b) working emergency brake
      c) working horn

man I hate that sinking pedal feeling. Good call!

Uh - i uh.... well... i uh....stammer, stammer....... I actually drove a 75 ventura (when i was 21 or so...) for 4 months every day to work about 15 miles a day with no brakes. I mean none, nada, zip.... and the clutch linkage was broken also... to start from a stop, you just hit the key and it would jerk and go.... and to stop, you did the reverse. turn off the key. i never claimed to be real bright... One day I misjudged the stopping distance and it was either a big bush to stop me or a new fiat convertible. I chose the bush. ate the steering wheel, loosened my front teeth real good and shattered the windshield with my forehead. i was doing all of about 10 miles an hour and i thought i could stop myself from smacking the windshield by grabbing the wheel real hard. broke my wrist too.

from that day forward i never drove without a seatbelt on... I fixed the brakes a week later and the clutch a few days after that

young n dumb
      Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Working...
      X