Brakes 1973 F100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes 1973 F100

I replaced the master cylinder in the F100. PITA. Did the pads. Doing shoes and wheel cylinders this aft. Then it's bleeding time. The book and everything else I have read says to pull out the pin on the proportioning valve. Cool, but where is it? The lines run from the MC to a metal block, then on to the wheels. No pin of any kind in sight anywhere. It is a two part MC. That is, there are two lines and two "sinks" holding fluid. Does that mean there is no proportioning valve?

Start by bleeding the master.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Bench bled and plugged during install.

Comment

There is a picture to help you out on this thread. Scroll down the page. I found it by googling "ford proportioning valve rod removal"

1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks - Weak brakes - I have a 1979 F-150 with discs in the front and drums in the back. I have put a new master cylinder on, new pads all the way around, new cylinders on the rear, new rotors and calipers on the front, and the brakes still don't work that well. I can push the...
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Scott. I finally found the blinking thing. It wasn't where it is on the parts truck (a later model) and it wasn't where it is on my neighbor's 73. It was bolted into the frame in front of the left rear wheel well. Evidently prior owner mod. Abortion about covers it. I'll leave it for now. Think I'll go with a variable in new lines later this year when I build the flatbed. Any thoughts on changing from steel to all flex lines?

Comment

Working...
          X