215 Buick (and Oldsmobile) Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoffbug View Post
    I have a set of 64 Buick 300 heads that we ported and fitted with Ferrea Buick V-6 stage 1 valves.. a 4.6 block with a slipped sleeve .( I have T hat liners for it ). a 4.6 crank Im going to offset grind close to a 3.4 stroke... Still lots of stuff to do on the Buick /Rover hybrid stoker..
    I also have a little Olds 215 enigine that I just took apart to rebuild and put in the Astre for now.. The Bummer is its a 2BBL engine with only 8.75 to 1 heads.. Ive been beating the bushes looking for a good set of 4BBL heads to bump the compression up to 10.25 to 1. The casting number I need ends in 829.. If you have any you want to sell or any leads I would appreciate it.. Flatlander said they could do domed pistons for around $850 But Id rather not spend that kind of $$$ on this little engine.
    I will go look and see what the head casting numbers are...
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Hoffbug View Post
      I have a set of 64 Buick 300 heads that we ported and fitted with Ferrea Buick V-6 stage 1 valves.. a 4.6 block with a slipped sleeve .( I have T hat liners for it ). a 4.6 crank Im going to offset grind close to a 3.4 stroke... Still lots of stuff to do on the Buick /Rover hybrid stoker..
      I also have a little Olds 215 enigine that I just took apart to rebuild and put in the Astre for now.. The Bummer is its a 2BBL engine with only 8.75 to 1 heads.. Ive been beating the bushes looking for a good set of 4BBL heads to bump the compression up to 10.25 to 1. The casting number I need ends in 829.. If you have any you want to sell or any leads I would appreciate it.. Flatlander said they could do domed pistons for around $850 But Id rather not spend that kind of $$$ on this little engine.

they are 829 heads - what are they worth?

Comment

PM sent.
        " You can sleep in your car, But you cant drive your house"

Comment

glad they're going to be used

Comment

Every paycheck puts me a little bit closer.. Its painfully slow with no vacation till November though..

Comment

you're not going to like me much... I just sold a FAST EZ EFI for about 2/3 new price... had I known you were looking...

Comment

Meh.. Ive gotten some deals and I have gotten screwed too.. Its all part of the process I guess... LOL

Comment

Working...
                X