Tools required to rebuild a 2004r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tools required to rebuild a 2004r

I know I had a thread like this a long while back but can't find it with the search feature. But even then I remember still being confused with the answers.

I went and bought a rebuild kit for the 2004r collecting dust in my basement, but now I have to figure out how to rebuild the dang thing I have a haynes manual on the Hydramatic transmissions as a rough guide. Read a few websites with neat pictures and now I need to get to the point of actual disassembly and reassembly.

So what tools are needed? Pictures and links (like to summitracing.com, etc) would be very helpful. Thanks!
    Escaped on a technicality.

CK Performance's guide: http://www.ckperformance.com/resourc...CALMANUAL.html

Been pretty popular in the Turbo6 community.
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

I'm not too concerned about the actual disassembly and reassembly process with the exception of ending up breaking something or reaching an impasse on pulling it apart because I either don't have the tool or am using the wrong tool.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
        I'm not too concerned about the actual disassembly and reassembly process with the exception of ending up breaking something or reaching an impasse on pulling it apart because I either don't have the tool or am using the wrong tool.
        search is your friend.
        Originally posted by IndyShiftman View Post
        Here is the pic I promised of my tool. ;D
        My big black tool

You extend the tool, slip it into the center support, give the handle a twist to expand the tabs on the end so it can grab the support, then you carefully remove the support from the case.
        Here is the tool to locate the output shaft while you assemble the back half. This tool works on the 200 and 2004R.

I picked up both of those tools on ebay. if you watch there are several sellers that seem to buy up the inventory of tools from dealers that shut down and liquidate on ebay.

I will second the AA Cadillac core. Can usually be had for about $100 though I haven't searched in a few years. Pick up the tv and brackets from the carb while you are there.
        Rich

sigpic

Comment

Thank you! I'm rarely successful with this forums search feature =/ But this should get me going, thanks again!

Comment

Also get the CK book, well worth the money. Shows many of the tricks the pros use.
            Rich

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X