Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about starting a tool tech thread or sticky.............

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Tig Mig Taj Mahal ... TMTM for short. Should be TM'd.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
      the Tig Mig Taj Mahal ... TMTM for short. Should be TM'd.
      TM2

That IS one badass rig!!
      Last edited by 68scott385; November 15, 2014, 02:53 PM.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Nice! you've inspired me again - now I need to quit sleeping for a few weeks and get some work done. my mig/plasma cart is embarrassing compared to this magnificent thing.

My tig is a synchrowave 200 - it needs it's own car (and has barely any hours on it compared to the mig)
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I'm excited.... I found a made in USA air compressor pump... best of all, it's basically the same price as a Chinese pump

yay USA!!!!
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

found a cheap scanner, obd2 and ABS.
            maxiscan ms609

Click image for larger version

Name:	maxiscan 001.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	795.3 KB
ID:	1049547

I updated to the last firmware with "maxilink 2" with the last software offering for the gadget at Autels website, appears to be 2014. Update to find 2010-2013 vehicles added beyond the 1996-2009 given, including the strangely complex gmc brake details of the late.

I plugged in to my 96 to get live monitoring as an option, save data.

I found my 1996 gmc really has two o2 sensors.. for really working at the same time. Not a common option for the year. Averages 2 banks. Certainly explains the freakishly perfect 21 below cold starts.

anyway, the abs is a real nuisance for 96, even shares a data port with obd2.. i mean overlapping wires, not just the plugin. I had to learn the scanners out take on my abs light.. I have a ghost. Not a real code to trigger. Else it will show up.

great gadget. Overseas purchase from ebay knocks it down to 78 bucks. I'll be plugging that into friends and family cars I am sure.
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 5, 2015, 08:07 PM.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Anybody have or tried a cordless ratchet yet......looking for suggestions on a new tool for the
              tool box...............
              That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

this is somehow no surprise.

I went from old school behemoth to some tractor supply welder with new invertors.
                I noticed while I was working it, dad would be on the same breaker running a drill or saw, vacuum cleaner..
                it kept right on going.

I am going to experiment with my 63cc generator from harbor freight on the tractor supply welder.
                6000w I think it was.
                that is about half a 15A breaker.. if that makes sense.
                I bet it works, full speed.

An interesting fact about DC.. if you feed it with a generator, it does something amazing.

and this.. he posted 1 day later. Never seen an inch thick get plasma cut.
                I was thinking of the rivets on full frame vehicles that hold brackets for springs etc etc..

Last edited by Barry Donovan; February 16, 2017, 11:58 AM.
                Previously boxer3main

Comment

Sometimes you just need to screw off in the shop all day. So while the new hire continued with media blasting, I turned my attention to this "new" hoop for the Watervliet planishing hammer that just showed up.. This square version is somewhat rare, ie: hard to find, but I had a particular location in mind..

The Baileigh power hammer has some threaded holes on the left side for their own version of a planishing hammer mount, but I just didn't have the funds laying around for their version. So lets see what we can do with Old Faithful...

Drum sander does wonders in pipe fitment, and it sure was easier to TIG with a nice tight fit...

All we need now is paint and a pedal..

Adding a Watervliet planishing hammer to the side of the Baileigh MH19 power hammer..

Robert

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

MP&C Youtube Channel

Comment

Do you make your own hammers for the impact or do you have a source to buy them?

Comment

Chucke 2009 got a cnc plasma.

half the ten k I thought it would be.. but you supply the plasma machine assume.

not to spam a product. The prices simply caught my eye.
                      Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 15, 2017, 05:57 PM.
                      Previously boxer3main

Comment

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post
                        Do you make your own hammers for the impact or do you have a source to buy them?

The dies for the Watervliet hammer came from Joe Andrews, at Hoosier Profiles..
                        Robert

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

MP&C Youtube Channel

Comment

chucke 2009 gathering some goodies.

iron man

My thoughts.. the blade leaves open crystallization. This leads to the strongest weld beads in the world.
                          no guessing with cutoffs and shiny ends, grooves or fillets etc.

I'd use it..

My first project would be pieces for the spare tire crossmember on an older truck. They need all 70kpsi to keep it together.
                          Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 21, 2017, 08:31 AM.
                          Previously boxer3main

Comment

I wanted a new chop saw that cut square. abrasive blades have gotten lots worse, and my bandsaw is really really used
                            Got a new tool, this thing is cool

and it cuts quite easily

making chips

this was the coolest part.... square, no heat.... large chunk, didn't take 30 seconds to go through it

and it came with 2 blades for less then $200 - do wear safety glasses, it tends to through chips all over the place
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

handy rivet gun.

I have rhinoliner in the bed of my truck. Found two areas that need more wheel well.. all while liner is perfect.
                              good time for rivets.

I still use hand tools.. but this was cool.
                              In a panic some years ago, I slapped together a wheel well in my subaru.. all tin. Wasn't even worth welding.
                              The truck, good steel, but don't want to burn the rhino liner. Will put some stainless in...rivets.
                              Previously boxer3main

Comment

2 years since last post...

spotted this on you tube by chance.

I like this. I explode the traditional. I have even had real nice ones and welded them to take a four foot breaker. Seems every ratchet has a strong and weak trait. I like this one.. I hope someone perfects it. A problem with the gear driven is it has to repeat in the same places and die. this design is infinite within the 360 degrees.
                                Previously boxer3main

Comment

Working...
                                X