Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 700r4 TCC/lockup wiring

Here is a diagram from TCI I believe:

Here is a diagram and a picture (several pics collaged together)of what found when I dropped my trans pan:

Normally, I believe that PIN A is 12 volts, and PIN D is ground.

Is this still the case in my situation, based on the diagram of my wiring? what should be hooked to what?
    6 in a row, makes it go!!
    My Car

Originally posted by 63ChevyII.com View Post
    Normally, I believe that PIN A is 12 volts, and PIN D is ground.

Is this still the case in my situation, based on the diagram of my wiring? what should be hooked to what?
    Page 2 of this pdf talks about the 'click test' to test the solenoid:

as does post #4 on this thread:

If I attach 12 volts to pin A, I don't get a click. If I connect 12 volts to pin D, I do get a click.

However, the fuse gets blown when flipping the switch when the car is driving. It doesn't matter if 12v is connected to Pin A or Pin D. Could the solenoid be bad?
    My Car

Comment

This should be bookmarked!!! Anyone know the answer?
      Last edited by TheSilverBuick; September 6, 2011, 09:16 AM.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

It looks to me like the trans was wired so it would lock up either when the pressure switch activates, or sooner if you flip a switch. But I'd have to do some more research. Have you figured out which port the switch is screwed into? Should be the 4th gear clutch....so the converter locks up as it goes into overdrive.

How do you have the 4 pin plug wired to the car?
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I think you're correct - it's wired to turn on in 4th (when pressure switch activates) or when the switch is flipped.

I'm told that I should try just hooking +12V to Pin A and tape off Pin D. This should set it up so that it only turns on when the car is in 4th and the pressure switch is activated.

Previously, I tried hooking it up like this and it was blowing fuse when I was in 4th and flipped the switch:

I think it would have been ok if I had hooked it up like this instead:

The car is currently at a friend's shop getting the exhaust done. When I get it back, I think I'll try not using the wire to Pin D and not use the manual switch. If +12V to Pin A still blows a fuse, I'm told the pressure switch might have an internal short.
          Last edited by 63ChevyII.com; September 7, 2011, 07:55 AM.
          My Car

Comment

yeah, your drawing where you wired it up to short power to ground when you flipped the switch, was not a good plan.
            My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
              yeah, your drawing where you wired it up to short power to ground when you flipped the switch, was not a good plan.
              Yup. When I asked about how hook it up, I had been told that one wire need to be hooked the power and the other needed to go to a ground... not the case here.
              Last edited by 63ChevyII.com; September 7, 2011, 04:47 PM.
              My Car

Comment

What would this do?

I'm thinking that the lockup wouldn't engage unless the trans was in 4th AND the switch was tured on. When the lockup is engaged, the LED would come on.
                My Car

Comment

I think this will work, but you probably don't want the ground on the dash switch.....

And that led will get annoying after a while, but it's a good way to see how it works.
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                  X