• Show
Clear All

Re: You knew it was coming, Pistons??

Then why do you want to spin it?

Comment

Originally posted by horsewidower
      Because I want to run some LSR events, you know like Bonneville and the Texas Mile, and when it comes to LSR racing RPM is your friend. Especially if your goal is get in the 200mph club. ;)

Plus for drag racing, it's going to allow me to run some pretty steep gears(5.88's??) and putting those with one of those TCI 6-speeds automatics and that car is going to run like a bat out of hell. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
        Originally posted by Tazracing
        u hit powerball
        Nope just saving my pennies. ;)
        I hope you've been saving more than pennies, better have some spare time and elbow grease saved up too.... don't want to be waiting for 15 years here... and remember, a motor like this is going to need a good drivetrain and chassis.... and certified too.... better have more than pennies saved up, better have some quid....

Comment

took me 15 years to build a decent car , as my pops kept all his money LOLL

Comment

Because I want to run some LSR events, you know like Bonneville and the Texas Mile, and when it comes to LSR racing RPM is your friend. Especially if your goal is get in the 200mph club. ;)

Plus for drag racing, it's going to allow me to run some pretty steep gears(5.88's??) and putting those with one of those TCI 6-speeds automatics and that car is going to run like a bat out of hell. ;)
            I know Jeff well say I don't know shit, but instead of spending 10k on stupid rpm parts, build 2 pumkins 1) with drag gear and spool, and a 2nd with top end gears, as you'll have the turque with turbo's to pull the gears..
            cause 588's and lsr will cause the driveshaft to die.. you'll pass the shafts teminal speed,, hope you got 3k for a shaft

Comment

Originally posted by oj
              Mahle makes a nice one. $50 per piston for coating seems high. I've used Ross and never cared for them. Probe makes a nice piston. I have arias gas ported, mahle will be the next ones.
              Did you have problems with the Ross? I have a set that are beautiful, but haven't been able to beat on them yet so no direct feedback there. They make Probe's custom pistions afaik.

Comment

I would say the 5:88 are not going in it anyhow.

With the gears in the trans he will find the gearing will not be needed to be that low.
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I like Probe pistons. Nice product at a nice price.
                  Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                  1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                  1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                  1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                  1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                  1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC

With the gears in the trans he will find the gearing will not be needed to be that low.
                    well, Jeff he listed those them gears

Comment

hendrick's uses crower rods , sonny bryant crank and bill miller pistons - none are front fender sponsors in nascar

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                        hendrick's uses crower rods , sonny bryant crank and bill miller pistons - none are front fender sponsors in nascar
                        but but hahahaha,, the decal.. haha, only means they got payed to put it there,

Comment

Well no Kidding! :

pssst,,, I dont think he will be using them. ;)
                          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I know Jeff well say I don't know shit, but instead of spending 10k on stupid rpm parts, build 2 pumkins 1) with drag gear and spool, and a 2nd with top end gears, as you'll have the turque with turbo's to pull the gears..
                            cause 588's and lsr will cause the driveshaft to die.. you'll pass the shafts teminal speed,, hope you got 3k for a shaft
                            That is exactly what I plan on doing, I'm going to put a 9" in the car to make gears swaps a breeze. ;)

And the 5.88's are an example, the actual drag gear will be determined by what rpm I'm going through the traps at. ;)

Comment

Well no Kidding! :

kinda like calling a fully adjustable four link "stock " ;)
                              only can go by the compo the owner list.. you must have a crystal ball

Comment

Well no Kidding! :

kinda like calling a fully adjustable four link "stock " ;)
                                only can go by the compo the owner list.. you must have a crystal ball
                                No crystal ball, he just understands how things go. ;)

I listed 5.88 as an extreme example, most likely it'll be something like a 4.56 or a 4.11. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X