X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holley 5220

any gurus out there..
    I found two versions, one shuts off the float bowl vent,
    the other, one year newer shuts off the fuel.

prior to this, they were regular webers from 1970, and holley called them 5200
    there is other 5200 series..
    but am interested in the 1980 (the only year I found it) with an electric fuel shut off. would like some details on how that works.. is it simlpy twelve volt or what is it? It is not a meter, just a shut off, and I must have it. the old 5200s coyld physic there way through a maine winter into engine destroyed by becoming its own pump.(like all carbs without the shut off here)

I would even grab a chance at a used one. (I found them remanned for 230 bucks) for the little engine I am working with, there is adapaters etc increasing cost for smething I do not need, more of a want thing.

if you got a 1980 dodge omni, the meter is nt on the top, its on the side.. this is a fuel shutoff.. would like to buy.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Re: holley 5220

I have seen the setup run, dodge omni..

the top vent bowl can be vacuum, or electric solenoid.. it can run on a normal 3-5 psi pump, but if you stay electric pump the carb is old school and no real shutoff..mechanical on the engine has the diaphram that allowed them to get away with it, like an old chevy etc...

does your carb have the side mount solenoid? the top one is not a shutoff, shamefully. it just stops vapors.. throttle can go insane on its own if you choose to just leave open. the side mount one, found listed for a 1980 omni is a real shutoff, the bowl went back to vacuum, but you can combine the two carbs for both shutoffs...(like an old subaru - has two shutoffs.)

very nice carb. It took a cleaned up 1.7 in the omni to a bellowing 115-120 mph on the short geared four speed. That is SCREAMING.
    ;D
    I had one in my 80 chevette also, but that had one too many gadgets and could never get it correct, even with the ASE mech who helped. deemed hoepless. gotta find the models inbetween old and new, the one you purchased is a nice one.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
    X