95 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE-Security system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE-Security system

Bought a Jeep and all was fine till I left the dome light on all night. It ran the battery down . Toke the battery out and charged it put it back in . Now it will start then die. Headlights/Tail lights flash and inside high beam light and security light flash and won't quite unless I un- hook the battery. I don't have the fob for this truck. Anyone know how to fix this?

Re: 95 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE-Security system

Originally posted by hoosiergta
    Bought a Jeep and all was fine till I left the dome light on all night. It ran the battery down . Toke the battery out and charged it put it back in . Now it will start then die. Headlights/Tail lights flash and inside high beam light and security light flash and won't quite unless I un- hook the battery. I don't have the fob for this truck. Anyone know how to fix this?
    Sounds like an aftermarket system...remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by min301
      Oh wish it was that easy.....There doesnt seem to be any non factory wires. (security light is factoy idiot style)

Comment

Originally posted by min301
        Oh wish it was that easy.....There doesnt seem to be any non factory wires. (security light is factory idiot style)

Oh shit...huge suck.
        Might wanna call a dealer, there may be an easy reset of the system.

Comment

So far I've pulled all fuses and breakers in the fuse block under the hood and disconnected the battery both ways. my pick up a haynes manual (one for the astro/safari vans told me how to get around the delco radio security for the van I bought that was messed up) Still hoping for a jeep nut. I could become a GC fan.

Comment

Try to find a valet switch or overide someplace (usually down around the pedals someplace) .I broke the fob once and misplaced it but there was a little button that would turn off the alarm down there then there was a togle switch to disable it-(valet switch)

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte
              Try to find a valet switch or overide someplace (usually down around the pedals someplace) .I broke the fob once and misplaced it but there was a little button that would turn off the alarm down there then there was a togle switch to disable it-(valet switch)

Or at least a button, to disable it.

Comment

Anthony thanks for jumping in here with Bill and I. I really appreciate the helpful info. I give it a look see tomorrowin the P.M.

Comment

Anthony thanks for jumping in here with Bill and I. I really appreciate the helpful info. I give it a look see tomorrowin the P.M.
                  it's in the owners manual.. had to reset once, cant remember what was done.. try turning the key to run and off three times

Comment

Aftermarket alarm wouldnt be in the manual.
                    You need to have the key in the ignition and on to operate the other features.
                    Was the car bought new locally? If so go ask the dealer they might still use the guy that put the
                    alarm in. He would know where those switches are.

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte
                      Aftermarket alarm wouldnt be in the manual.
                      You need to have the key in the ignition and on to operate the other features.
                      Was the car bought new locally? If so go ask the dealer they might still use the guy that put the
                      alarm in. He would know where those switches are.
                      it's got a dum dum light in dash, I think factory,,

Comment

Sorry I didn't respond to this earlier (just noticed it). I had a 98 Grand Cherokee. I had set my alarm and the key fob on mine quit working. A Chrysler tech told me to do this to reset it...

1. Open the hood
                        2. Disconnect the black battery cable
                        3. Reconnect it
                        4. Turn your key in the driver door left, right and back to left.
                        5. If that doesn't work, try locking and unlocking the back gate with the key (that works too, don't know why).

Not long after that, the system went bad and I couldn't get it to start no matter what I did. From what I understand from my Chrysler tech buddy, this was common in the Grand Cherokees. He gave me the PERMANENT fix for it. The fix? Ground the factory alarm disarm wire. ;) This wire is purple and yellow and is located in the driver side kick panel (at the black plug). Splice another wire to it and connect it to a good ground (preferably chassis ground). This will turn the system off entirely. Hope this helps!

Comment

Just swung by the library (computer) to check thread before going home .(from work) I'm printing of this thread will give it all ( if necessary) a try .Thanks all.

Comment

The key in the drivers door ......left right then left again worked after I looked the door. Couldn't find a switch by the pedals but I'll eventually do the grounding it out deal if it gives me any more grief ! THANKS ALL

Comment

Working...
                            X