MSD box internal harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSD box internal harness

is there i way to get the internal harness or a new harness?

found this in the GA part buckets it;s a 6NT box was thinking of using it but the harness is cut and butchered

Click image for larger version

Name:	GA73.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	1164247
    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

An oldie but a (hopefully) goodie. I'd call MSD - they've been pretty helpful for my connections in the Volvo (but that's a 6AL to an EZ-EFI).

Dan

Comment

i'll give them a ring
      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

I don't believe that is an internal harness so much as wires directly soldered to the PCB.

Comment

I reckon there is no "internal harness" the wires enter and go to their designated place of work.
          You could send it to MSD for any work as the internals are immersed in a coating for protection,,,,corrosion and vibration.

OR.......buy a new Žun, more than likely cheaper.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's only the circle track ones that are epoxy potted. Conformal coating can be a headache but typically burns off.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
              I'm pretty sure it's only the circle track ones that are epoxy potted. Conformal coating can be a headache but typically burns off.
              The picture looks like it is a 6TN which I believe is potted. I know that I have always thought the old 6Ts were.

Comment

yup it is epoxy potted

it works fine the wires just look janky

Comment

Working...
                X