2001 Dodge (Stratus)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Dodge (Stratus)

I know there are some later model Dodge guys on here, we finally got one of those spray gun type brake bleeder kits and sucked all the fluid out of the stratus, went to each caliper and bled all the air out finally and got a good pedal. After doing this I broke the next thing, well, I did not do anything, but now the wheel clicks when you steer and the air bag light went on. I might have turned the wheel once to see if I could reach the bleeders without taking the tires off, but that was it.

Anyone found the annoying clicking and air bag reason over their repairs?

I don't know that particular car but my guess would be the ABS sensor. It could click and is wheel related - not sure if Chrysler might have it throw the air bag light to get you into the dealership.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post
      ..the wheel clicks when you steer and the air bag light went on....
      Busted clock spring. I sold the shit out of those at the junkyard.
      It's a common problem, the horn probably stopped working too..
      Replace the clock spring, and the Airbag light will go out.

New one on eBay, $69 shipped. This is the most common one, it fits 01-04 Stratus and Sebring 4dr Sedan w/o radio controls:

If you have a 2dr coupe with radio controls then contact Tasca. They have just about everything, cheap too.
      Buy now to save big on genuine OEM auto parts and accessories! Easy online ordering. Huge discounts. Fast shipping. Award-winning customer service. Shop now at TascaParts.com!

Comment

Thanks, just dumb luck that it just happened to go at that time I guess. Here I am second guessing everything I touched underneath the car.

Comment

Working...
        X