Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all automatic experts............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vacuum modulator...the list goes on and on... hence seek out a true expert if it is beyond simple stuff....
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

We took the car to lunch today & I think that in traffic I found a better way to describe it. For the first dozen car lengths or so (from a dead stop), it behaves like a stick with someone that does not know how to drive a stick. In other words, riding the clutch quite a ways off of a dead stop. Then, when we stopped for lunch, it smelled just like that. Like a burned clutch disc. One thing that I think that I remembered about automatics is that they have a clutch pack?
      ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

that they do.....burned clutches are no bueno.... sorry....
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Smell the fluid and notice the color, it'll tell you.
          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Unpink and smelly.. Bad bad..
            Trans X will either help, or make it worse.. It helped more than hurt for the several times I used it.

Comment

I haven't checked the fluid since before that lunch drive but it looked then like it just came out of the can. And I didn't get a whiff of it hot after the drive. After the burnt clutch smell at the restaurant it would have been more of me emitting the burnt smell anyway. And by that point I was kind of assuming that it was all over but the crying.

Comment

I'm pretty anal about my temps., that's why I fitted a trans. temp. gauge.....watch it constantly.....and a fluid cooler, controlled by a themostat.

Comment

In my opinion - there is no such thing as too big a cam - just too small of engine!

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                    In my opinion - there is no such thing as too big a cam - just too small of engine!
                    I'm guessing that anyone that knows you knows that Allen.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                      what I have learned on this subject is to go with the hydroboost brake system with a big cam.

Comment

Working...
                      X