LED tail lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED tail lights

I ordered these about a month ago. They sent them to someone in AZ. I was sent a tracking number and said they where delivered. Not to me though. Called and called sent messages and just got nothing. Finally after a month they got here. They are ok but not near what I had expected. I got them installed and they are working but I'm not inpressed with them at all. They are brighter than the normal bulbs and I don't have to worry about them falling out of the sockets like the old ones did.

Last edited by Andy4639; May 11, 2017, 07:10 PM.
    Retirement is better than I thought!

Barry is The Go-To Guy on LED bulbs. Hope he adds his input here.

Dan

Comment

Looks nice. I tried LED bulbs in the mazda and took them out cause they stopped working.
      "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Barry is The Go-To Guy on LED bulbs. Hope he adds his input here.

Dan
        I just plug in stuff like everyone else.
        I love them.

andy, did you notice no jump on amp/volt guage? my first smile was seeing no overloaded switch turning them on.

those old cars, thay are as bad as my 96 gmc. Huge setups for lights as factory.

the last tidbits left for me are tiny resistor games to conquer bleed in a dimmer rheostat. This only proved they are built large by large, no concern for bleeding errors. LED can reveal them..
        I don't get upset over it either. It proved my whole quest even further.

another thing that can be done, is to drop fuse sizes after adding up amps, converting to watts on the 12v. Takes a load off right at the boxes.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I have also done my 71 C10 with full LED's. The flashers work fine and the lights are ok just didn't really think I should have to cut everyone to fit when the kit states no cutting. They only sent me 4 connection's for 6 light panels.
          These aren't bulbs they are panels. They are nice and bright though for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
            I have also done my 71 C10 with full LED's. The flashers work fine and the lights are ok just didn't really think I should have to cut everyone to fit when the kit states no cutting. They only sent me 4 connection's for 6 light panels.
            These aren't bulbs they are panels. They are nice and bright though for sure.
            I resorted to those as well for tail lamps.
            my 96 had 3157 (circuit board verson of 1157), very bad shape, it was even burned.
            I pushed my luck on the 1157 up front. Doing very good. Don't need to think of them.

I think tails in anything have it real bad. from trucks to little subaru wagons to the big trunked boats of the past.. they all gather things.
            LED stops it...drops temps and amps.
            Previously boxer3main

Comment

My c 10 has rear LED on both sides. The front turn signals has 100 in each side. I used the grounded flashers when I went full LED. Side markers are single LED. My driving lights are also LED.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LED socket3.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	1157947

Name:	DSCF3918.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	1157948

Name:	New LED head lights 2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	1157949

Comment

nice.

if to go back to the 1157..
                to be real american amber and bright enough is only 3 years old.. and you have to hunt down on ebay.
                they somehow have generations of them. 1-5
                past 4, they do good.

I was using the yellow, too dim stuff for a long time. Turned out to be near original invention, 10 year old stuff.

I like original up front, the opaque lense is not found much anymore.. one thinks of old cadillacs or bop cars to see them. Glad the 1157 LED finally came around to be normal. I still look like the old lense.
                I have been experimenting since 2007
                Previously boxer3main

Comment

I have tried two versions of LED 1157 bulbs, and both were a disappointment. They were fine if you were directly behind me, but off to the side, they weren't nearly as bright (safe) as a standard incandescent bulb. The LED bulbs I tried didn't light up the whole lens/ didn't utilize the reflector inside the tail light assembly - they just had LEDs pointing straight away from the plug.

I've been thinking about these -

because they would (or should) light up the whole lens by shining on the reflector inside the tail light assembly ... but I've been waiting on someone else to be the guinea pig. I read the reviews, and they seem to be what I was hoping for each time in the past when I tried the old version of LEDs.

This one is longer/ taller than a standard bulb, so keep that in mind if ordering this particular one.

Comment

I took this this morning behind the SS. Coming home from the local Cars & Coffee.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Working...
                    X