Pep Boys tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pep Boys tires

The Cooper Adventurer is Pep Boys version of the Cooper Discoverer.
    Can I expect he same performance and life out of the pep boys version of a set of Coopers? Or are there other things Cooper does to the tires to make them cheaper?

sidewall values, tread wear rating.
    I got mad enough to just memorize the whole damn process.. many ways to be sneaky.
    between dads 40 years of trucking, and my half ton that needs load range E for reasons unknown to p-rated..

it is quick to narrow down if you can find a weight value of sidewall... ignoring everything else if you have to.

Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I used to believe you get what you pay for, then I learned Goodyear is the #1 importer of tires.

I got some Wrangler radials for 73.00 a piece for the Jeep, I dont expect them to last like the tires that are 150.00 a piece. I think it boils down to imported versions.
      Last edited by anotheridiot; May 10, 2017, 10:32 AM.

Comment

I just noticed that the subject says "people boys" thanks auto correct.
        ...let's see if I can edit that
        * yep
        Last edited by yellomalibu; May 10, 2017, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Alright, I found a forum where someone else asked the exact same question a few years ago, and it seems that they are indeed almost the same tire - provided you compare P series to P series, LT series to LT series. There is a very slight difference in the tread pattern.

The only negative thing I've found about this tire is that if you don't rotate them regularly they tend to cup and get noisy. Otherwise, they are well priced, last about 60k miles, relatively quiet (for an AT tread), good in rain, sand, rocks, etc.

I did, however, see that someone was able to prove the buy 3 get one free deal isn't necessarily the best deal to get. He priced the AT3 (the non-pep boys label of Cooper) at a regular tire store and got a cheaper price than the "deal" at Pep Boys.

So, just like before, if I want the best deal on tires, price shop at every store in town - and if I like one store or dislike another, they will often price match to get the sale.

Comment

Working...
          X