Best roller lifters?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best roller lifters?????

I have a comp extreme energy series roller cam in my 355 chevy.I also have ls style Gmpp lifters ,they beeld down too fast,also overnight they bleed down and the next day they tick very loud until they get good and pumped up..Any suggestiins for a remedy?Wrong lifter?Bad lifters?Oiling problem??I have 75psi of oil pressure cold,rises to 85 when revved.Warm its around 50psi..

Not being a Chevy guy I'm no help. On my SBFs I've never had an issue with stock Ford rollers on an aftermarket cam (I have a Comp Xtreme Energy in the 'Stang). Guess I'm saying I'm no help but interested.

Dan

Comment

Talked to comp today and the guy says the gmpp lifter is essentially the same lifyer as their 850- 16 lifter that they recommended for the cam..Comp lifter kit is 198$,gmpp lifters are 130$..

Comment

You using a quality oil filter with a good anti drain back valve??
        You could always use an oil accumulator to prime the oil psi before start up..

Comment

big lobe separation takes away the teapot effect of oil pump to the top end... you already got the big pump, but you might have to live with it.
          if comp says it got something good, I'd go with it.

Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 6, 2017, 07:20 PM.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I run the k&n filter..If wide lobe seperation is causing some kind of oiling issue,you would think alot of people would be having the same issues?I was wondering if a better lifter would solve it but Comp says the lifters i have are decent ..Im thinking i got some bad lifters..I read some where that they had a bad run of gmpp lifters.Knowing the builder he threw a set in thay hes had forever?

Comment

If you look at the Comp catalog they usually give two different part numbers for lifters, one in black, one in red, The number in black is the stock type replacement lifter and the other number in red will be the more high performance lifter which is usually a Short Travel lifter. I run these in all my motors......
              Last edited by BigAL; March 8, 2017, 09:05 PM.
              The Green Machine.
              http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X