This is gonna be a good one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is gonna be a good one

I know a guy that just picked up a clean 92 5 speed 350 Silverado/k15000 truck. The problem is now it looks like the previous owner was going to make this a mud truck and hacked the crap out of the wiring inside the cab, nothing works at all.

I'm trying to help him find a harness for this and i'm striking out. Anyone got idea's on where to try, already suggested some of the older junkyards in town cause the big local one is crushing everything lately.
    "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

hacked up manual?
    even I have a 96 multiport nearly memorized.

there is not much to the manual model.
    there should be advanced manuals out there, I mean books.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

ebay had a connector for a headlamp. http://www.hotwireauto.com/?page=pricelist has engine and trans stuff, dont know if thats what you are looking for or just the cab.

Comment

best I could find...http://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.co...wd=&origin=pla
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post
          ebay had a connector for a headlamp. http://www.hotwireauto.com/?page=pricelist has engine and trans stuff, dont know if thats what you are looking for or just the cab.

The previous owner cut all the cab wiring, so nothing works. He got it trailed home, so worse comes to worse he may have to franken a harness together..I just called him and left a message of the links you guys posted thank you.

For the 72, i got a wiring harness and already have to pluck some connectors out of it.Got told by another friend last night at work there was an SS up in the yard and they crushed it.I still did not figure out what the hell is going on with the cooling fans on the car but it would have been nice to grab some parts off it.

-Steve McQueen

Comment

Yeah, I was surprised there were no other ones on ebay, I dont know how much painless has for that year to get it back to stock I know they have some universals so its just wire with circuits names on them, that you can probably do with regular wire.. Maybe we can come up with a range of years that should fit in that truck to get a bigger range of junk yard parts.

Comment

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post
              Yeah, I was surprised there were no other ones on ebay, I dont know how much painless has for that year to get it back to stock I know they have some universals so its just wire with circuits names on them, that you can probably do with regular wire.. Maybe we can come up with a range of years that should fit in that truck to get a bigger range of junk yard parts.

I thought 88-94 would work.

I know one yard out in the middle of nowhere prob has something, but getting in contact with the guy is hard.

-Steve McQueen

Comment

Update:

Well, i was right. I was finally able to talk to the guy and find he got in contact with a junkyard I've never even heard of and they had a parts truck for him.He scored all that he needed from the truck.

-Steve McQueen

Comment

Working...
                X