98-02 S10 Blazer Spindles on a G-Body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98-02 S10 Blazer Spindles on a G-Body

Anyone do this swap before, using 98-02 S10 2wd Blazer spindles?? I hear it is a direct bolt up and allows you to use C5 brakes and other aftermarket bitg brake kits. Just wondering if it's as bolt-on and go as they say it is.... This is what they look like, well this is actually a 2" drop spindle from Belltech, but it is for the S10.

Last edited by BigAL; January 18, 2017, 12:48 PM.
    The Green Machine.
    http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Think you need them off The 2wd blazer
    Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
    Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
      Think you need them off The 2wd blazer
      Yap a 2wd Blazer or Jimmy, 98-02, saw that today when I was doing some research.
      The Green Machine.
      http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

unless you can find a set in a junkyard.. with hub.. it is mighty costly.
        And you might as well get the blazer drop spindles..
        At 300.oo
        good hubs 160 each (x2)
        then the c4-5 brakes parts..
        I'd price out a willwood set up for a g body and see what works better. cost wise..
        Cause once you add up the mini blazer parts and vette parts. it isn't all that cheap
        Last edited by JamesMayberryIII; January 17, 2017, 04:59 AM.

Comment

I'm interested in this 2wheel drive S10 spindle with C5 brakes . I have a 2 wheel drive S10 pick up project . Whats the diff between blazer spindles and pick ups ?
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Looking at that pic BIG AL posted, no spindle.. Bolt in spindle?
            I know mid 70's Caddy has PRESSED IN SPINDLES and a hard wheel shot WILL make your bearings too tight (think hitting a curb?)
            We adapted Crown Vic spindles to Cads. But will not reccomend it for the street..
            CV spindles are completely forged.
            64 older Fords snap off, CV ones will bend...
            GM ones seem very strong..
            Curious as to how these work on a derby car, as "good shit is hard to find!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
              I'm interested in this 2wheel drive S10 spindle with C5 brakes . I have a 2 wheel drive S10 pick up project . Whats the diff between blazer spindles and pick ups ?
              it's the 2nd gen blazers 98 up.. they use a spindle with a none serviceable hub bearing.. that you can slap/slide vette rotors on.. I forget what brackets are needed for this, to mount the clapper..
              it be nice if the later s-10 pick up's used the same spindle but nope.. and 2wd blazers are kinda rare in most of the snow states. I'd like to see one beside an astro spindle.. I can't see only a limited amount of 2wd blazers using this part.. the astro would have a different hub/bearing as it's lug pattern is 5 on 5.. but I wonder as the astro is s-10 frame based if the spindle is the same.. as there are many more astro vans around in yards than 2wd blazers
              Last edited by JamesMayberryIII; January 18, 2017, 05:37 AM.

Comment

My S10 is a 87 so that would leave me out . James from everything I've read your right astro and s10 stuff is the same except bolt pattern.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

What I understand is the S10 suspension is G body suspension.
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Those knuckles fit G-bodys. I did the knuckle and a ZQ8 upgrade on my 1st gen S10.
                    I got my knuckles off of a 4dr 2wd Blazer. 2dr 2wd Blazers w/ZQ8 have them too.
                    You can make a set of simple brackets to adapt Vette calipers. (see link & photo)

Link: http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/5...es-on-a-g-body

Comment

Working...
                    X