X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 800+hp with TR3650 transmission / traction problems

hi guys,

Please excuse my bad english.

*** first thing: I KNOW that I need a new transmission and Ill buy my T56 ASAP, but now I have question about my old TR3650. ***

I have Mustang 05 with manual TR3650 transmission and I have one old tr3650 spare.
    I would like to renew and rebuild the spare one.

I used this stock transmission with my old engine for 3 years for street use and for drag dacing
    The old engine (Ford Racing 5.0 + 1.9 TVS Supercharger) had 600+HP and 820Nm tq.

For this season I just installed (I am in break-in phase right now) new engine which wil have 800+HP (I have not decided yet how far I will go) and I would like to have new transmission prepared, just in case....
    (and again, yes, I know I need T56, but..)

question =1=
    Is there any company offering complette rebuild kit for tr3650 with all necessary parts in one package?
    I found only https://www.astroperformance.com/pro...50-5-spd-ford/

question =2=
    Is it possible to rebuild (and if so, it there any company with such a product) the tr3650 with different gear ratios?
    Original ratios are 3.38, 2.00, 1.32, 1.00 (for 1-4) and I would like to have "longer" 1st gear (2.97 or 2.66 as in T56)
    I am using my car for drag racing aswell and the 1st gear is too "short".

question =3=
    I already had - and I WILL have problems on the strip on start with the traction.
    We are racing here in my country on NON-penetrated strips.
    Do you have any suggestions? Is there on the market any profi traction control controller or boost controller suitable for my application? Or any other solution?

Thank you VERY much for your answers
    Tomas

P.S.

Just very short infos about the car/few mods:

Right now the car is tuned to 5000RPM only with blower on 13psi and we have 550HP/750Nm
    After break-in engine wil be tuned with limiter on 7200RPM, first with 20psi - expected results are 800+HP/900+Nm
    Blower can go up to 25psi, so we will be probably able to tune up to 1000HP, but thats a question for the future.

engine: Livernois 298cci, 9.4CR (build by Livernois company), 1000HP capable
    blower: Kenne Bell 2.9 Mommoth (up to 25psi)
    clutch: McLeod RXT Street Twin Clutch, 1000HP capable
    driveshaft: The Driveshaft Shop Aluminum One Piece Driveshaft, 900HP capable

videos:
    1st start
    video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

1st trip

Sounds like a crazy-powerful car; besides good driving, not being able to get any traction may be the reason your TR3650s are holding up so well. Have it start hooking, and the trans may become the weak link... I'm not aware of anybody here with expertise on those transmissions, certainly I don't have any. In any event I might consider switching to the next tallest ring and pinion gear also if different transmission ratios can't be found, but taller rear end gears will stress the trans more at launch also...

It is great to see people from your end of the world having fun with American musclecars...that must take some dedication, I know we have it easy here.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
      Sounds like a crazy-powerful car; besides good driving, not being able to get any traction may be the reason your TR3650s are holding up so well. Have it start hooking, and the trans may become the weak link... I'm not aware of anybody here with expertise on those transmissions, certainly I don't have any. In any event I might consider switching to the next tallest ring and pinion gear also if different transmission ratios can't be found, but taller rear end gears will stress the trans more at launch also...

It is great to see people from your end of the world having fun with American musclecars...that must take some dedication, I know we have it easy here.
      thank you :-)

​You are right - for me, the main problem here are the informations. There is no dedicated company only for Musnatngs etc, everything is a bit "trying to find the right/my own way" if you know what I mean. No experiences. I know that all problems I am to trying to solve someone already solved 100 times, but, not here :-)

Comment

Give Terry a call at Team Beefcake Racing. http://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/ If it is out there he will either be able to sell it to you or tell you where you can get it.
        Another good place is Brenspeed. http://www.brenspeed.com/. Both places have tons of knowledge on the S197 platform. They are who I call when I have questions about my 05 Saleen
        CHECK US OUT AT:
        www.ridetech.com

Comment

Originally posted by RideTech_Ryan View Post
          Give Terry a call at Team Beefcake Racing. http://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/ If it is out there he will either be able to sell it to you or tell you where you can get it.
          Another good place is Brenspeed. http://www.brenspeed.com/. Both places have tons of knowledge on the S197 platform. They are who I call when I have questions about my 05 Saleen
          ​thank you!

Comment

I agree with Loren.. When you get traction, stuff breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
              I agree with Loren.. When you get traction, stuff breaks.
              ​you are probably right. Thats why I am asking anout the transmission rebuild
              Last edited by TomasV; December 29, 2016, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X