Bleeding the hydraulic clutch linkage on a 91 camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleeding the hydraulic clutch linkage on a 91 camaro

I replaced the slave cylinder and tried bleeding the system by filling the reservoir, capping it and having an assistant push the pedal down while I opened the bleeder screw the close it then let the pedal up . Over and over and over . never got any pedal pressure . So I replaced the master cylinder and repeated the process .Still no pressure . Am I doing this wrong ? Is there another way to do this ?
    Last edited by Dan Barlow; December 6, 2016, 06:19 PM.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

I had an "issue" bleeding Mutt's hydraulic clutch. I finally got a BIG veterinary syringe and bled it from the bottom up. I attached a piece of clear fuel hose to the outlet of the syringe then filled the syringe with brake fluid and sucked out the master reservoir, then cracked the bleeder and slid the hose over the bleeder. It took a fairly strong push but that got me some "pedal" and I was on my way. Dick was helping me and we also did a bit of bleeding as you described but I couldn't get ANY pedal until I did that reverse bleeding thing.

Dan

Comment

I actually own a vacuum bleeder . I bought it but found out my problem was faulty NEW calipers . I just never returned it . Anyway , I was watching you tube videos trying to figure out how to hook the cantraption up and I came across the ker- thump , ker-thump ect. ect.....method. Push the pedal to the floor and let your foot slip off the pedal over and over . This jarring seems to dislodge the trapped air blockage .Crazy as it sounds , it worked .
      Last edited by Dan Barlow; December 7, 2016, 08:00 PM.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I thought you were supposed to bleed it on a bench before installing it.

Comment

Well , this all started out as just a simple slave replacement . Then when that didn't fix it I moved on to removing the booster and brake master cylinder . I really didn't want to do any more work after that but it probably would have saved a little time if I had removed the slave and bench bleed it as a unit . Only draw back is if I had been unsuccessful it would have been too easy to throw .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
          X