6.8 v10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.8 v10

Anybody know the cc's on the PI heads? I picked up a set for my non PI engine, I'm in the process of obtaining parts to do a twin t3 turbo setup, I think they're 44cc I wanna make sure so I order the right forged dish pistons

According to the factory manual, 43.9cc, ±1.5cc. Not to be "that guy," but why not go all in (relatively speaking) and find a set of 3 valve heads?

Comment

It can't hurt , but your no longer filling the cylinders by way of vacuum , your intake track is preasurized . If this is a all out effort and you would be on the boost for long periods of time then yes you could reduce some heat . Thats about all I know. I'll let a turbo expert chime in for more info .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

With better flowing heads (3 valve?), the boost will drop but the HP will go up. If you have a good intercooler it's not as big of a deal to run higher boost, but if you have intake air temperature issues, lowering the boost with a better head will make the same HP and help alleviate the intake air temp issues.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

boost is just a measure of restriction.

Comment

Working...
          X