700r4 valve body swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 700r4 valve body swap

Question on valve body compatibility, I have a almost new tci 700r4 with a full manual reverse pattern but without engine braking. My old toasted 700r4 have the full manual reverse pattern but with engine braking. Problem is it's an older style 700r4 and looks a bit different, but a guy from tci said it would be fine. Has anyone else used an older style valve body in a newer 700r4. Are the valve body gaskets reuse able? I'm both much of an automatic transmission guy.

82-86 is a non auxilary valvebody. You shouldnt use it for 87-92 year range. Some of the later years 91-92 even had an extra valve a switch.

Edit: also you shouldnt reuse those gaskets if you can afford not to.
    Last edited by chevybuytroy; February 8, 2016, 02:10 PM.

Comment

I would have some extra gaskets on hand but as cheap as I am, if they didn't tear I would reuse.
      I've read some horror stories on mixing and matching vb. I think I would read up on what it takes to mod the vb in the trans you want to do the things you want it to do. It can't be that hard, right? (famous last words, haha)

I'm sure with some google searching and some YouTube watching you'll have it compression braking to beat the band.
      Rich

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X