GM 6.2l Interchangeability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM 6.2l Interchangeability

Might be able to pick up a gen 4 6.2l for cheap but it's pretty much a bare longblock. What can I pull ignition & front end drive stuff from to make it complete? Would also like to disable any variable valve timing/ displacement on demand stuff - what do I need to do that?

Diesels don't have ignition.

Oh....you mean some other kind of 6.2?

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Caddy? Hmmm..not sure who else used variable valve timing..

Comment

This might help..
        Can someone give up some information here. I've got a few of questions, but hardly any answers. 1) What parts are needed to delete the VVT. year,make,m

Comment

Hey Nick, I was jus' thinkin' of ya... https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...258039370.html Almost yours but not quite.

Comment

Not bad! I need to get back on with mine...

Comment

It kind of depends on what you're putting it in, LS1 Camaro accessory drives mount the alternator down low, with the PS pump above it, it is probably the most compact setup, the truck drives and Corvette drives place the alternator on top of the motor, makes for easy alternator exchanges. The difference between the two is, on the truck the alternator sits high and more towards to middle of the motor, whereas the Corvette mount lowers the alternator but moves it outward away from the middle of the motor. The ignition stuff you can get at any wrecking yard and if you don't want to use EFI you can get a MSD 6LS ignition controller to run the ignition.
              The Green Machine.
              http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

Would most likely only be running an alternator so may fabricate something for that. Are things like the water pump, front cover, and oil pan the same as smaller LS style motors? Will Gen 3 parts work or do they need to be Gen 4?

Comment

If you run a cable driven throttle body you have to run an LS1 type water pump or the linkage on the throttle body will hit the water pump. You could probably use any water pump that came on a cable driven throttle body motor. LS1 and LS6's and some of the truck motors came with Cathedral port heads so if you have the rectangle port heads a cathedral port intake won't work and vise-versa . Other than that some of the Gen 3 stuff does interchange and some doesn't. But when it comes to the stuff that bolts to the motor it should all pretty much interchange. Biggest difference between Gen 3's and Gen 4's is they went form a 24 tooth reluctor wheel to a 52 tooth reluctor wheel for the crank trigger and they moved the camshaft position sensor from the rear of the block to the timing cover and Gen 4 block have the provisions for Active Fuel Management.
                  The Green Machine.
                  http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X