Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    No box with "ready to run". Alternates cylinders to limit revs
    Kid says he likes the limiter set, altho it is about 5-5500 rpms..
    Can just floor and drive..

eh, bouncing off the rev limiter even with soft touch doesn't do the motor any favors. Think of the dynamic forces involved! It's probably worse bouncing off the rev limiter at 5500 than running the engine properly loaded at 6500. It's some very sudden deaccleration followed by very sudden full throttle acceleration. No good for the timing gear, no good for the harmonic balancer, and absolute hell on main bearings. The kid needs to learn how to use the throttle properly.

Comment

I didnt mean the msd box, just a rev limiter box. Is he trying to run in a no box class using this as the rev limiter for launches? I am pretty sure this is just a safety type rev limiter.

Comment

No. Running a 12+ cr small block in the modified demolition derby.. That is why no tach, or box.. They will not survive.. Saw a few guys use them and when the tach quit, so did the cars. Cut the tach wire and they fire up.
        I also wonder about damage to the motor..
        There is alot going on in a derby.. Shifting, braking, avoiding hits and lining up your hits.. You can't just hit anywhere.. Driver's doors are no no's hitting the corner sometimes backfires and breaks your car instead.. It all happens fast.. Every driver gets out drenched in sweat..
        I used to limit how much I can floor my cars.. The kid has special aftermarket throttles that are thick cable and bolt to the floor.. no slip tread and all that good stuff

Comment

HEY DEAFY, YOU FIX THIS YET? (I thought shouting might help.)

Comment

Nope, got other stuff going on.. Hopefully by next weekend.. Derby isn't till the 3 of Oct..

Comment

Working...
            X