Automatic behind Dodge 230?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic behind Dodge 230?

Working my 56 dodge truck project, got her running and was looking one the web and seen different transmission options that can be put behind the 230 6cyl. Just wanting to see if anybody has run of these conversions? And if so what would you recommend? Thanks

That's one engine I would not bother with attaching an automatic transmission to. If you just have to have an auto trans, consider an engine swap also.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I had a Fluid Drive clutch behind my flathead.. Made taking off on hills easy. Some literature calls it "Hill Holder" .
      Still slow.. Then to put a power robbing auto? I'd keep it manual as you look like you have the heavier truck, not a light weight pickup.
      If you haul any weight, you NEED the granny low.

Comment

not going to be a hauler, going to shorten up the wheel base and make a crusier

Comment

There are kits out there to bolt up an A904 to the old flathead sixes. The reason you go this route is because the 904 fits in the trans tunnel, the 727 does not. The 904 will work pretty well with anything under 250hp, which your flathead is probably well under, unless you've done some really cool and evil things to it. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Polyhead View Post
            There are kits out there to bolt up an A904 to the old flathead sixes. The reason you go this route is because the 904 fits in the trans tunnel, the 727 does not. The 904 will work pretty well with anything under 250hp, which your flathead is probably well under, unless you've done some really cool and evil things to it. :D
            Kool thanks

Comment

A 56 dodge truck has a trans tunnel?

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
              X