Tire sizes affecting ABS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire sizes affecting ABS

I am attempting to run staggered tire sizes on a 2012 GMC (255/55/20 front 275/55/20 rear) and was wondering if anyone knows how to keep the ABS from being affected.

speed sensing on one end or the other.. but that negates it. I wonder if there is programming for it.

lack of amperes , or lack of thinking fast ,is about the only weird thing I have encountered. Swapping a lot of bulbs to LED brought a sharper "brain". I would not put much work for it beyond factory.

Assuming 2x4, maybe keep front as ABS, back off the back brakes like old school.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I am just trying to keep the lights for ABS, stabilatrak,etc. from coming on

Comment

I think it will be fine .(unless of course you've already put them on and found that it not ) . I asume you have the shutter wheel on the back, its mainly looking that nothing stops in front of it .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

That's a 3% speed difference I doubt it would trip a fault. All I can think of to keep it from doing it if it does is to get a different rear reluctor for the ABS and see if the difference narrows... I doubt it would though.
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Working...
          X