Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 41 Pontiac......"Garbage that barfed".......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.10:1 gears with a 3-speed automatic is a good combo. That's what I ran in Jade for over 5 years before converting her to a TKO-600 5-Speed. With the current tires you have, they are right at 28"'s tall. With that set-up, you'd be at 3,000 RPM's cruising at a whopping 61 MPH. If you could hit the traps at 5500 RPM's, that roughly 111 MPH, assuming you're running the 1/4. For your project, or the Judge to get a 60' time of 1.5...... You definitely need more motor.
    sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
    - George Orwell

Comment

• I haven't touched the car in weeks. Been doing 60 hour work weeks, trying to wrap up a couple things round the house, etc. maybe start back on it in a week or so.
      HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
      DW- 12,16,17
      "Stay thirsty my friends"
      The worlds most interesting man

Comment

• Real life can be so annoying!
        I still can't imagine how I had time to put together the stuff I've completed.

Comment

• There is a saying in the demolition derby world, " Life gets in the way of derby" ... Of the 2 shows we hoped to make (down from 6-8/year) the kid has to be at a wedding for one of them..

Comment

• Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
            Real life can be so annoying! I still can't imagine how I had time to put together the stuff I've completed.
            It's funny- I wonder how I had the time to work on the Judge back in 07, when I had so much going on. Now it seems I don't have the time to check out the " tick" it developed over a month ago at the drag strip.
            HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
            DW- 12,16,17

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
              There is a saying in the demolition derby world, " Life gets in the way of derby" ... Of the 2 shows we hoped to make (down from 6-8/year) the kid has to be at a wedding for one of them..
              I understand completely Bob. It seems the older I get- the less time I have. I thought it was the other way around... On the plus side- I actually looked at the car today. Not a lot to do, to make it fun. Just need to get some time. Hmmm- I like the idea of building a derby car- I've never done that....;)
              HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
              DW- 12,16,17

Comment

• When you do.. Let me know and I'll whisper some longitivity points!.. No sense going in and being first one out!.. Be warned, it is a youngster's sport altho many older guys still run.. Hip replacement stopped my driving.. Would love to run with both kids together.. Be warned tho.. It'll be the best fun you'll have with your clothes on!

Comment

• Originally posted by RAIV70Judge View Post
                  It's funny- I wonder how I had the time to work on the Judge back in 07, when I had so much going on. Now it seems I don't have the time to check out the " tick" it developed over a month ago at the drag strip.
                  Hmmm, that's when I was restoring my Javelin, maybe the days were longer back then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                    When you do.. Let me know and I'll whisper some longitivity points!.. No sense going in and being first one out!.. Be warned, it is a youngster's sport altho many older guys still run.. Hip replacement stopped my driving.. Would love to run with both kids together.. Be warned tho.. It'll be the best fun you'll have with your clothes on!
                    Thanks man- I appreciate it. It would be fun to build someday.
                    HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                    DW- 12,16,17

Comment

• They had to be longer Mike- had to be! I'll be back on the 41 soon. I don't have a truck right now, so I'm trying to get my engine install finished on my Super Duty. Once it's inning, I'll be back on the 41.
                      HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                      DW- 12,16,17

Comment

• Also- a huge thanks to John (aka Milner351) and Carl, for donating to the project. Got the quarter stick, msd, Holley pump etc, John- thank you.
                        HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                        DW- 12,16,17

Comment

• Whoo hoo! An update! Glad you are still alive!

Comment

• Amazingly- I have a little time to start playing in the 41 engine. I will be running tunnel ram and 2 holleys. The carbs I have are vacuum secondary 450 cfm, electric choke. Do I need to have both chokes operating, use a progressive linkage set up, or make both carbs work the same on linkage? I have many questions on the tunnel ram and carb set up. I've ordered the rebuild kits for the carbs- should I do jet changes also? The engine is 385 ci., loose convertor, and the rear gears are currently 3:50.
                            HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                            DW- 12,16,17

Comment

• Sweet project! I like your vision!

Comment

• Thank you Christcrusader13. I worked on the block yesterday for a bit. I am clearancing the pan rail, and lower cylinders for the scat 383 crank.
                                HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                                DW- 12,16,17

Comment

Working...
                                X