No announcement yet.

The Orangu Tones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's some pics, dude? I wanna see this Rambler!
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

The avatar is the Rambler. It was an album cover car.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...r-rides/page10
      Scroll down and click the file. Post 147

Nick
      Last edited by nickleone; November 9, 2015, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Since we have not put the T5 in or the 8.8 our running cost is down to $3831.
        We have added some cost for carbs and misc items.

We will be on the 2016 Hot Rod Power Tour with the Rambler.

Nick

Comment

I have to rejet the 3 carbs and take the car for a 100 mile test drive.
          Nick

Comment

Cool wagon . Going to get the T5 in before the tour ?
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

No T5 install we are having carb problems right now.
              We have the T5 and the adapter plus a Explorer rear with disc brakes and 3.73 gears.
              Looks like that install might happen in 2017.
              Nick

Comment

My partner in the car is working out the stumble in the Tri Power set up. He called me the other day(car is at his home) and said it is drive able.
                I am working on re doing the door panels. The originals are falling apart.
                Nick

Comment

I took it for a ride yesterday. Most of the stumble is gone. We are going to change when the secondary carbs kick in which might kill the stumble all together.
                  I need to pick up a longer throttle cable at the Pull n Pay this weekend to change the carb kick in.

Nick

Comment

We bought a new rebuilt carb and a new rebuilt distributor.
                    My partner says stumble is gone. Seems the distributor vacuum advance was not fully working and there was no replacement part.
                    I just ordered a new Petronix unit for the distributor . Add another $400 to the cost of the car.
                    Getting ready for the 2016 Power Tour.

Nick

Comment

Last night I advanced the static timing to around 18 degrees. No hesitation or stumble. It was raining and the wipers are not working well so I could not drive it up the local long big hill.
                      I will work on the wipers this week end if it does not snow as projected for Denver.
                      Lots of little things to work on before the PT.

Nick

Comment

When I said wipers not working well I did not mention the home brew conversion from vacuum wipers to electric. No one makes a conversion for this Rambler.
                        I found some school bus parts and put together an electric system.. I had to cut a big hole in the firewall and modify a lot of stock parts.
                        Last nigh I finally got the wipers to wipe the full windshield well at least one wiper. I am working on the other side tonight.

Nick

Comment

I got everything working on the car. Over the weekend I put about 100 miles on it pulling some long hills and highway driving. On 6/9/16 my partner and I set off for the Power Tour.
                          About 82 miles down the road I needed a pit stop. We pull off the highway and the car makes a sound like a truck with a Jake brake.
                          The NEW throw out bearing gave out. . Replacing a throw out bearing on a 62 Rambler is either an engine pull or a driveline pull because of the torque tube.
                          We go back home and get my partners F250 truck. Good choice for this PT. The south was hot and humid not like Hades which is a dry heat.
                          We did the long haul. Time for the T5.

Nick
                          Last edited by nickleone; June 22, 2016, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X