X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    Hope the face time is good.
    It's all relative.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
      I figured you did, but the techie comes out in me. I made a living off of spelling errors and telling people things like 94.5 is one less than 95.5. Happy day, good hunting. (or is that fishing?) Hope the face time is good.

and I measured it wrong... I went back and looked up the belt-routing and realized it was quite wrong. so I put the 2nd belt on the correct way and measured it to be 5" too short. I got a 10101 belt and it fit perfect.... one more challenge down.
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 28, 2015, 03:53 PM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Pictures ... not a lot of progress, but some - when I went to my parents, I could use my dad's (much better and much larger) brake and shear. I took advantage of it.

So I bent this up 16 ga SS 304 #4 finish.... I'll have to fix that finish - I'm not too much into "shiney"

Or, I'll simply continue the diamond plate deal across

and the belt... 3rd time was a charge... 101" IIRC

Comment

• glad you got the belt issue sorted... as far as the sill material goes, either way works for me.. smooth surfaces are easier to clean, but, diamond plate resists noticeable scratches...you are hinging the tailgate at the bottom, right? if you were to hinge it from the side, i would go with the smooth to prevent abrasions from contact while sliding things over it...
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• all this removal to get one hose clamp

upper hose done

I could have sworn I took a picture of the lower hose... but no, but it's done too... so the cooling system is now connected and waiting on Evan's HP coolant. I figure since the system is bone dry, that I can try the waterless stuff - since the FJ40 is renown for its cooling issues, perhaps a bit of preventative at this point is a good idea. If not, I'm sure I'll let you folks know that too.

someone was concerned I didn't have enough room for sliders... lol

stainless

finishing up the battery box

and onto the tailgate...

I'm still looking for hinges and hinge ideas so that it folds down flat, and the hinges aren't exposed... but I'll not spend much more time since this needs to be done next so I can get onto the rear tire carrier.

Comment

• All I can say is WOW!!!
              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• thanks

mark line to straighten

weld new front spacer

weld new back panel then straighten panel (the heat marks)

better, it now overlaps

consider how to make hinges... I think they'll be in the shape of a "9" but we'll see, some trial and error is going to happen.

Comment

• How to solo in a symphony at Carnegie Hall??? Practice...Practice... Practice... But, seriously, I see trial with little room for error...
                  Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• ADD strikes again, I'm on the brakes and air system... and promptly stopped. It hardly seems worth the effort to update...

fitment issue

my goal is to finish the brake lines, run the main power cables, brace the battery hole, and then put the body on for real. we will see...

Comment

• ever into the breech dear friend! Onward like a herd of turtles!
                      Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• uh - I thought that was a turd of hurdles....... (using my (usual) dumb voice)

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                          uh - I thought that was a turd of hurdles....... (using my (usual) dumb voice)

Dan

Dan, I appreciate your attempts at pun, but sometimes your pun just falls a little flat.... maybe if you sharpened your voice you'd sharpen your puns?

Comment

• The long dark teatime of the FJ40

Tonight was the classic start, find a missing piece, stop, go to something else, repeat 3x...
                            first on the agenda was cutting the flares down

stopped there because too hot and need flap disk to finish
                            onto mounting the tank... I got more fittings and started aiming towards solution

I got the fittings for the compressor and spent some quality time being sure the out really was the out

but got stopped because some parts that were supposed to be here Tuesday still aren't... oh well, I should probably have the tub mounted to put the oil/water separator on

I got my exhaust clamps, but quickly realized that the pipe from the header to the cat was damaged more than I originally thought - so another 2 days waiting for 2 1/2 stainless tube stopped that

built my battery cables (negative), but then couldn't find a stainless bolt to weld into place for the ground...

I also need to build the box and that requires argon - which I ran out while tacking together a box for my wife....

I did get my holley fuel mat but the tank is in the body - and I still don't have the last pieces (the bulkhead fitting) so even if I dug it out, it'd be another bit sitting

Comment

• Ahh, so you stepped up and bought one of those fuel mats...I'd love it if you ran a test for us, slosh a little fuel around the tank floor (or simulation) w/ a pump hooked up and returning...see how low you can go before starving. No smoking for that one! (j/k) I had also wondered if they needn't be restrained against the bottom of the tank to not be flapping around all the time in rough terrain and maybe eventually tear.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Dan, I appreciate your attempts at pun, but sometimes your pun just falls a little flat.... maybe if you sharpened your voice you'd sharpen your puns?
                                staying on theme, in response to your musical jab...

You can tune a piano, but you can't tune a fish.

I'm here all week. Tip your waitstaff.
                                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X