No announcement yet.

FJ40 I call Shipwreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times have you had the engine in and out? I lost count on Mutt at 12 or 15 or so.

Dan

Comment

• I have no idea, but I changed it up a bit - the motor didn't come out, the body came off the frame... I wasn't going to set the body back on, but I need to do some work on another car - and this was the easiest way to get the pieces out of my way.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        but I need to do some work on another car - and this was the easiest way to get the pieces out of my way.
        Boy does that sound familiar for some reason.......now let me think....hmmm.....
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• so I didn't get a lot done today on this, I helped the guy who bought the s-eff ten replace ball joints and burned a tree that fell during the winter... but still, a bit

welded

ground

I saw a Jeep on Friday that was pretty close to the color I was thinking I'm going to paint this.... hmmm, I'm thinking no, maybe a bit more red... you know, like my dog

a friend pointed out that it would, effectively camouflage Buick in the FJ40 - I'm not thinking that's a bad thing

Comment

• Poor be the lady who does not see Buick in the FJ and sticks her head in to look see... WHOOF! (sounds of piddling urine)

Comment

• Buick is awesome !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                Poor be the lady who does not see Buick in the FJ and sticks her head in to look see... WHOOF! (sounds of piddling urine)
                BAHAHAHAHAHA
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• I dunno, it seems like cat-lady-crazy to paint it the same color as my dog.

Comment

I dunno, it seems like cat-lady-crazy to paint it the same color as my dog.
                    Hmmm? Never thought of it that way.... You do make a pretty valid point, counselor...

Comment

• Is their a legal definition of "cat-lady-crazy"? I know what you mean but I wonder how one would use that diagnosis in court. Paging Dr. Phil......

Dan
                      Last edited by DanStokes; May 25, 2015, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• you have to be careful being sarcastic, ask me how I know

Comment

• Just so long as you don't paint your dog to match a car its all good.
                          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

He looks like a chick magnet there, but repellant to crazy cat ladies.
                            Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
                            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
                            1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
                            1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

• oh good Lord is he ever.... chicks dig big things...

Comment

• not much progress, but I need to ponder how I'm going to support the body while I flip it up on its side

hmmm... Hummer lights

so mostly I've been welding up holes for the moments when I can work on it.... but tonight, I need to make a bench to roll it outside so I can clean the underside then paint it.. but I've not come up with a clever solution - but I did get my frame bench pieces out

Comment

Working...
                                X