Scott's 1967 GMC 1500 pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
    That's pretty good mileage at 75 mph. Mine seems to get best mileage at around 60-65 mph. It drops 1-2 mpg as I start trying to cruise at 75-80 mph. I'd like an OD also, but hate to remove a solid TH400 to swap it.
    I have a perfectly good SM420 in mine.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
      I am most happy about its reliability and that I dont need to do suspension work yet. I did forget to mention the teeny tiny battery croaked in the drive thru Sunday. Pushed it out of the way. I walked three blocks to Napa to get a real one. Fixed it in the street and before I could close the hood someone else at Arbys was asking for a jump start.
      being from the northern plains myself, i always put the largest battery in a vehicle that will physically fit in the stock location with the highest CCA rating... not cheap, but, i'm usually the one that gives the jump start, not the one needing it...
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• I got an 850 CCA 75 month battery.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• What's the difference between that battery and an arc welder? I'm thinking it's a fine line.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            What's the difference between that battery and an arc welder? I'm thinking it's a fine line.

Dan

It's been done.
            Tom
            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              What's the difference between that battery and an arc welder? I'm thinking it's a fine line.

Dan

I've done that with a wire hanger.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Just don't strike the arc too close to the battery...
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• ahhh...I forget how lucky I am to live here, where we can get away with the smallest battery. And cheapest.
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                    I have a perfectly good SM420 in mine.
                    I like my automatic for around town, and towing. But those old truck 4 speeds were sure a good old trans!

Comment

• I drove my 80 C20 around yesterday...it has the SM465. that thing is a pain to drive, I'd like to have an automatic in it, but I'm too lazy to swap it out.
                      My fabulous web page

Comment

• This is a local truck, own by a guy that does some wicked paintwork on cars and bikes.
                        Last edited by Casey the Impala guy; October 23, 2014, 09:48 AM.
                        1970 Impala custom coupe tree fiddy/ turbo tree fiddy (Daily road yacht)
                        1966 C-10 SWB fleetside tree fiddy figh/ four speed( in pieces)

Comment

• someone stole his springs!
                          My fabulous web page

Comment

• When you can paint this good who needs springs...lol

Comment

• That statement made zero sense, but it will all be okay......

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                                someone stole his springs!
                                Not much of a bed, either.

Comment

Working...
                                X