No announcement yet.

Scott's 1967 GMC 1500 pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Scott - There's some kind of SNAFU with Blueprint's phone system. It keeps sending me off to nowhere and can't get a human on the phone. Please PM me with your direct number and I'll get with you on that engine.

Thanks

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      Hey Scott - There's some kind of SNAFU with Blueprint's phone system. It keeps sending me off to nowhere and can't get a human on the phone. Please PM me with your direct number and I'll get with you on that engine.

Thanks

Dan
      PM ed you my direct extension.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Hijack alert, on why rubber hose is not good.. A short time into the video, look in the back, you see an orange Mopar catch fire..
        I looked at it earlier in the day.. He had garden hose covered line to the firewall and bare hose to the carb. 3 feet worth, maybe..
        I'm thinking he had too much play in the line (not tied down) and it got ripped off his carb..

Demolition Derby (Media Genre), GoPro (Award-Winning Work), Rory Anderson, Yakima (City/Town/Village)

(the pink car is my son in the vid. )

Comment

• I can totally understand why Dan's phone calls wouldn't go through
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Believe or not, today was the first time all summer I have washed my poor Hay Hauler. I even got out the tire dressing stuff.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• maybe this will be of assistance...
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• That is coming. First things first. Need to fix rockers, patch floors and replace cab corners. I will worry about the pretty shit later.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Are you going to paint the hole truck? If not and it's not drafty I would replace the molding and keep putting miles on it. Who really needs rockers?
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                  1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

• It will be if I ignore them for a few more years. Those rockers are pretty thin.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Just figured that you may want to get them while they are available as it often seems that when you get to the point of needing them to complete the job, they become unobtainium...
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Thanks to the post on Summit's big sale on Sun Pro gauges, I got four gauges and a tach for $25.00 delivered

This is my current dash set up. There was an optional tach in the upper middle. Nowadays, they go for rediculous money on ebay. Even repro's are stupid expensive. No thanks. This ain't a Concours resto truck. The oil pressure gauge works, the rest don't, speedo and gas gauge work great. It is all in good shape. I am not interested in butchering this one for what I need to do.

Here is the gauges I got. It looks like a couple have sat on the shelf for a while by how yellowed the packaging has become.

I got another gauge panel from a '67 Chevy C10. These were slightly different than later years with a choke knob on the upper right and the wiper and headlight switch on the left. Later, they moved the wiper switch over and removed the choke pull. Seems smart as the wiper motor is right behind upper right dash. Here I took it apart and test fitted the new gauges in the gauge face. All fit perfectly. The problem is the stuff in back that is in the way.

Here is the back of the gauge panel. I left the four stock lower gauges at the yard. Maybe some one else would want them. The wire harness is the tape type on the trucks. Nice to have a good spare.

I will need to cut up the lens. See the letters wiped off on the gas gauges, I got a third lens from another truck.

These are the two sections at the back. I need to make cuts on the green right part.

Here is the back with the cuts made: Not as bad as they thought.

I only needed to take a hammer and the dolly to the backing plate to make room for the tachometer.

Here is what it will look like only I will use my original dash face.

Now to do the wiring.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• They look like they belong there. Nice work!

Dan

Comment

• Way to take advantage of that sale!!!!
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Its always kinda fun hacking out enough room for real gauges while leaving some of the factory stuff functional. Things can get tight.

Good work.
                              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Is the truck getting a turbo?
                                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X